drastic 3ds?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
bembmx
drastic 3ds?

Post by bembmx » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:29 pm

I know its far from being a possibility this is more or less just a fun post. Have you guys thought about making a 3ds emulator for android? Or like the new 2DS that is coming out that plays the games? I am not a developer so I have no idea what the stats difference is to play DS to 3DS but thought I would post and ask maybe get some details to learn from.

Exophase

Re: drastic 3ds?

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:55 pm

I may have thought things like "it'd be cool if it could happen in several years." But after all the stress of doing this one who knows :P At any rate, I'm not even close to capable of making a 3DS emulator, probably no one is until more is learned about it (2DS is the same). Internally it's nothing like DS.

Raymond199483

Post by Raymond199483 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 pm

From what I know the 3ds uses different components then the normal Nintendo Ds and plus the games on the 3ds use more Ram not to mention that trying to emulate the 3ds would be a pain I'm glad we have at least a Nintendo Ds emulator

Transpose

Post by Transpose » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:38 pm

The last time I checked the 3DS hasn't even been completely reverse engineered yet, so as it currently stands a 3DS emulator, let alone one for Android, is out of the question. It would be pretty cool to see one as efficient as DraStic in the future though. Should be possible at some point especially since we will most likely have much more powerful devices by then as well. ;)
My passion outweighs my intelligence, so I colour outside of the lines.