Weird save time difference between "real" console and Drastic

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
SSUPII
Weird save time difference between "real" console and Drastic

Post by SSUPII » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:37 am

I remember playing Pokemon Ranger - Shadows Of Almia and Guardian Signs on my Nintendo DSi using a R4i Gold and when saving the game it always took around 1 second, but in Drastic it takes more time to save (around 6/7 seconds) and I heard a lot more of the saving tune.
Since I don't know how much time it should take to save on a real cartridge, who of the 2 is doing the right thing? Is the R4i not going at original write speed or is Drastic being too slow?
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

kaikun97

Re: Weird save time difference between "real" console and Drastic

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 am

I would assume it depends on the SD Card speed. I don't think i affects much else if its saving fine.

SSUPII

Re: Weird save time difference between "real" console and Drastic

Post by SSUPII » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:35 am

A Pokemon Ranger Shadow Of Almia save is a 260KB file (at least on my point of the game) and if my internal memory is that slow I think there are some serious problems.

I searched on the internet a lets play of the game recorded on real console with a real cartridge and the save time actually matches the one in Drastic, so I think I can confirm that Drastic follows the cartridge write speed instead of my old R4i Gold that follows the SD Card speed (and its weird that no saved games get broken by this).

This was more a curiosity since i was not used to the slower save time.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage