Vita port ?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Kenan1099
Vita port ?

Post by Kenan1099 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:28 pm

I wonder if there has been any works on a ps vita port, especially with the new h-encore exploit ?
I'm not asking for a standalone app, but rather a retroarch core, I do have drastic purchased on my android , and I tried it on a really weak phone from 2013 (galaxy young s6310) and it did wonders !
Is there any source code available for the retroarch core ? Because I'm unable to find any, not that I will port, but someone else might.

xperia64

Re: Vita port ?

Post by xperia64 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:20 pm

The Vita is too weak for DraStic. Far slower than the Pandora in terms of single core performance. Also, there is no RetroArch core, only Raspberry Pi and Odroid XU4 ports that run in the RetroPie menu.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:30 am

xperia64 wrote:The Vita is too weak for DraStic.
Which is ironic in SOOOOOO many levels.
OBJECTION!

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:40 am

Wait, seriously?! Isn't the Vita basically a portable PS3? It's at least as powerful as the 3DS, and graphically looks nicer too with its HD screen. And it's less powerful than the freaking Pandora?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 am

ericbazinga wrote:
Wait, seriously?! Isn't the Vita basically a portable PS3? It's at least as powerful as the 3DS, and graphically looks nicer too with its HD screen. And it's less powerful than the freaking Pandora?
The Vita isn't as powerful as initial hype might tell you, though at least one game, namely NFS Most Wanted 2012, was an unabridged conversion and offered the full fat PS3 experience save for the cut down visuals (blocky shadow maps, lower-res textures, toned down shader effects...). If the GPU GFLOPS site is to be believed, the SGX543 MP4+ as used in the Vita is marginally more powerful than the one on the original Xbox.

Kenan1099

Post by Kenan1099 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:17 am

xperia64 wrote:The Vita is too weak for DraStic. Far slower than the Pandora in terms of single core performance. Also, there is no RetroArch core, only Raspberry Pi and Odroid XU4 ports that run in the RetroPie menu.
I mean they both (vita and RPI) run on arm, so I don't think it will be a big problem porting it. But then comes the problem of power.... That 333 MHz CPU...
But I won't be very pessimistic, I mean desmume is already ported to the vita and it .....runs. (or rather walks...sorry). But for the speed that desmume was able to achieve I think drastic can do wayyyyy better.