I made some custom backgrounds for Drastic

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
link6155
I made some custom backgrounds for Drastic

Post by link6155 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:53 am

2/22/2019 UPDATE: I've added 16:9 support along with some new skins!

Hey everyone,

I made some backgrounds for Drastic designed for screens with a taller 18:9 (2:1) aspect ratio. They're inspired by the 2DS, New 3DS, and GBA. I originally made them for personal use, but I thought I would share it with you guys. There are 4 variants of each skins providing different orientation and shoulder button layouts. There's also 2 backgrounds with a "GBA" style layout, removing the X and Y button. This is useful for games that only utilize A and B. I plan on making variants for 16:9 screens eventually.

Make sure to have the on-screen buttons be fully transparent for the best effect. The buttons will more than likely not align perfectly, so just try to get them as close as possible.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... EoTsyrA8IS
Last edited by link6155 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericbazinga

Re: I made some custom backgrounds for Drastic

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:00 am

You know, if you wanted you could make virtual gamepads out of these. They're not hard to make, just a bunch of PNG files.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

link6155

Post by link6155 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:28 am

ericbazinga wrote:You know, if you wanted you could make virtual gamepads out of these. They're not hard to make, just a bunch of PNG files.
I actually didn't know that you can make custom virtual controller skins. It's not too hard for me to adapt the button for those, I'll make some skins shortly.

nash

Post by nash » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Dang, I love these! Would love them in 16:9 as well!

DaRkSe7eN

Post by DaRkSe7eN » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:24 pm

I love the backgrounds. But it doesn't fit on my screen. :cry:

link6155

Post by link6155 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've updated these backgrounds, but here I am! I've now added 16:9 support along with some new skins inspired by the Nintendo Switch and DMG-01 (OG Game Boy). I know I've said I would be making full skins, but I found that not to be feasible with my backgrounds. The main problem is the drop shadow from the buttons. I would either have to shrink down the buttons or remove the drop shadows, neither one looks really good.