Could there be a higher save-states count?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Platybus
Could there be a higher save-states count?

Post by Platybus » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi. I think the emulator could use more than one save-state per rom. What do you think about it?

Jay Haru

Re: Could there be a higher save-states count?

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Platybus wrote:Hi. I think the emulator could use more than one save-state per rom. What do you think about it?
What are you talking about? theres like 5-10 states plus autosave :/
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:37 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Platybus wrote:Hi. I think the emulator could use more than one save-state per rom. What do you think about it?
What are you talking about? theres like 5-10 states plus autosave :/
He may have tapped "Manage Savestates" instead by accident rather than "Save Savestate".

Alternatively if not, then the "Continue" button on the main menu loads the last known savestate. If you want to make or load another savestate, tap load new game and select the ROM, then you can choose to simply launch it and load the savestates from the manage savestates button or to load the last used savestate.

I do feel there is a bit of confusion about how savestates work in Drastic ever since Day one, some of the UI could do with being renamed better to fit the what they do to make more sense. Some users get confused that on the main menu, continue will continue a savefile for their game and Load new game erases it, and some users think that the only way to load a game is through a savestate because they will lose their save otherwise.

Platybus

Post by Platybus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:56 am

I can't believe I've just found out about that feature. Thank you two so much for enlightening me. :D