Open Source Drastic
95%
Let DraStic fade away
5%

Total votes: 63

dsattorney
Re: Drastic's Future

Post by dsattorney » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Hmm. I think you are right to a certain degree.
OBJECTION!

milesrotaru

Post by milesrotaru » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:06 am

Open sourcing would also open up the possibility of ports to other platforms where ad-ridden knockoffs wouldn't be as rampant, and a RetroArch core would do even more to guarantee that people receive the latest, official build.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:46 am

That's the problem with an application marketplace as open as Google Play. Sure, the barrier to entry is low if you're an honest developer wanting to publish legit open-source software of your own handiwork, but there are those basement-dwelling kids from developing countries and shovelware developers eager to cash in and (over-)saturate the market with crap and more crap, just like what happened to Atari in the early 80s.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:21 am

I have my methods to differenciate a fake app from the real deal. First:
"If the developer's name is different from the real app, it is fake."
Next:
"If there is obvious ortography mistakes in the description (most fake apps on the Store have this detail) then it is a fake."
And last:
"If the screenshots don't show images of the app itself, it is most likely a fake."
OBJECTION!

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:28 am

dsattorney wrote:I have my methods to differenciate a fake app from the real deal. First:
"If the developer's name is different from the real app, it is fake."
Next:
"If there is obvious ortography mistakes in the description (most fake apps on the Store have this detail) then it is a fake."
And last:
"If the screenshots don't show images of the app itself, it is most likely a fake."
The medium Android user says instead:
"The name of the app is *Insert real app name*? So it is the real one."

A world with only experienced users or just intelligent ones is completely impossibile. And I don't think that this will ever get teached at schools
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 am

OH COME ON! Everyone with a bit of common sense, which everyone has, can differenciate them! I don't even need to follow these guidelines!
OBJECTION!

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:41 am

dsattorney wrote:OH COME ON! Everyone with a bit of common sense, which everyone has, can differenciate them! I don't even need to follow these guidelines!
Yes, everyone can differenciate them. The problem is that they don't want or don't know how to do it or if it is necessary.
Like in the age when Softonic was used a lot, people download the first crap they find.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 pm

Luckily that does not happen anymore.
OBJECTION!

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:59 pm

SSUPII wrote:
dsattorney wrote:OH COME ON! Everyone with a bit of common sense, which everyone has, can differenciate them! I don't even need to follow these guidelines!
Yes, everyone can differenciate them. The problem is that they don't want or don't know how to do it or if it is necessary.
Like in the age when Softonic was used a lot, people download the first crap they find.
Reminds me of when my dad unwittingly downloaded Floppy Bird instead of Flappy Bird. Wouldn't those ripoffs be tantamount to typosquatting?

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:15 am

I think they do, cause two apps cannot have the same name on the Play Store, I think.
OBJECTION!