Open Source Drastic
95%
Let DraStic fade away
5%

Total votes: 63

PatchAdams
Re: Drastic's Future

Post by PatchAdams » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:48 pm

#Shake wrote:I just want Drastic on the switch, we already have Lakka running with HW acceleration, only thing missing is sound and a good DS emulator....Exophase, please?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-tv-tu ... sp.506024/
Sound works through bluetooth ;) But yea, Drastic on switch needs to be a thing :P

#Shake

Post by #Shake » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:50 pm

PatchAdams wrote:
#Shake wrote:I just want Drastic on the switch, we already have Lakka running with HW acceleration, only thing missing is sound and a good DS emulator....Exophase, please?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-tv-tu ... sp.506024/
Sound works through bluetooth ;) But yea, Drastic on switch needs to be a thing :P
for now, it will eventually be fixed, you can use headphones too.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:59 am

Still looking forward to an open-source release to this day, though as you guys have elaborated there is some implications to this.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Still looking forward to an open-source release to this day, though as you guys have elaborated there is some implications to this.
Out of all the people to zombie a thread, it was Huck. (No offense.) Go figure.

Yeah, I'm all for open-sourcing DraStic as well. Last update was what, a year ago? Of course, this is ultimately Exo's decision, but his almost complete silence on the matter doesn't help one bit. And without his consent there's nothing we can do.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:09 am

Yeah, sorry if that was a sudden necro of all things. But true, Exo's the one calling the shots and it's ultimayely his decision.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Probably not the most satisfying answers and really late, but:

1) xperia64 and I are working on a release this month, although it'll be fairly minor and include some stuff Android is requiring that unfortunately doesn't translate into anything useful for users
2) Android is requiring 64-bit support by next August, this is a really large amount of work and I wanted to see if I could get it done before relinquishing development/open sourcing. It's another kind of thing that'll need several hundred hours of work but won't actually produce much interesting along the way... maybe performance improvements if lucky?
3) I'm interested in Switch but it actually also only runs 64-bit binaries, so see #2.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:55 pm

As long as it benefits both you guys and the userbase, it should be golden. :)

ASHLY

Post by ASHLY » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 am

Hello, someone could explain what exo I try to say since it seems that my English is rusty that would return to drastic open source if I could not give support 64 bits or would do it if I succeeded

Nexus1999

Post by Nexus1999 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:28 am

An open source DraStic would most definitely get a Libretro Core made for Retroarch. If open sourced should Exophase still work on the libretro core version in his spare time, The DraStic pay ware version could deservingly be labeled as a donation version rather than free.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:13 pm

ASHLY wrote:Hello, someone could explain what exo I try to say since it seems that my English is rusty that would return to drastic open source if I could not give support 64 bits or would do it if I succeeded
I speak Engrish, what were you trying to say?

Type it out in your native language too, that will help a lot.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.