drastic graphics

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
herberck
drastic graphics

Post by herberck » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Hello,

First of I wanna say thank you for this incredible emulator, it's really fantastic and I'm having so much fun with it. I do have a question though regarding the graphics. Now I only really noticed it with the Zelda games but it seems like the graphics on a real DS are slightly better, less pixelated or something like that. I'm using linear filter because I didn't like how 2x scale looked. But still it seems like DS graphics are a little smoother.
I'm using a Nexus 7, with multi thread rendering OFF because with on, the screens behave weirdly during bossfights and in shops. Maybe im imagining things but is there something that can be done to enhance the graphics a little more?

Thanks again for this wonderful emulator!

Taloan

Re: drastic graphics

Post by Taloan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:22 am

Hey,
the graphics arent realy better(Tho drastic missing some Features as for example fog, but il think you dont mean this) , its just the fact that the ds Display resolution is 256*196, modern Smartphones has a much higher Resolution. Il dont know how drastic works, but il think the screens just gets stretched to Fit the smartphone screen. Il dunno if its possible to upres them and if this would look that much better. Tho, may some better filters, like in nds4droid could help a lil bit.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:36 am

apparently it can be made a bit better but its not a high priority

mucus

Post by mucus » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:30 pm

yeah, as people have pointed out - you re playing ds games which use ds graphics designed for the ds screens, which are much lower resolutions than our phones.