When DraStic will get some update ?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Fullbringers
When DraStic will get some update ?

Post by Fullbringers » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Almost 2 years we didnt get some update. I know its not easy work. But please make some update like theme, layout or whatever. At least tell everyone that emulator still on development.

Exophase

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Post by Exophase » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:37 pm

There's a beta that's more recent, you should check that out.

I've been really busy with other things but I hope to get back to working on it soon. Although it may be time to open source it if I can't find any time for it.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:51 am

Exophase wrote:There's a beta that's more recent, you should check that out.

I've been really busy with other things but I hope to get back to working on it soon. Although it may be time to open source it if I can't find any time for it.
I wholeheartedly encourage you to make it open-source. After all, look what it did to Dolphin. It went from a just-okay emulator to the absolute best GameCube/Wii emulator you could download, with all sorts of cool features added as well.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 pm

And we'll have to come up with an alternative revenue model to make up for those who paid for Drastic. Patreon seems fine, but that is a grey area at worst as some would take umbrage at profiting from emulation due to legal issues.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:41 am

How about certain advantages to those who paid for the program?
OBJECTION!

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 am

dsattorney wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:And we'll have to come up with an alternative revenue model to make up for those who paid for Drastic. Patreon seems fine, but that is a grey area at worst as some would take umbrage at profiting from emulation due to legal issues.
How about certain advantages to those who paid for the program?
Like what? Earlier access to updates, maybe?
Doing what PPSSPP does and just offering a donation level tier (AKA their "Gold" edition) sounds fine to me. But we should let Exo decide anyway.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:46 am

That sounds fine too. In case the idea of the Gold edition arises, maybe we should give instant access to it to those that paid for the emulator before.
OBJECTION!

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:45 pm

dsattorney wrote:That sounds fine too. In case the idea of the Gold edition arises, maybe we should give instant access to it to those that paid for the emulator before.
Yeah. Just rebrand the existing app as the Gold edition, then release a free version.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:59 pm

BAM! Perfect compensation!
OBJECTION!

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:32 pm

And look at the countless possibilities we may have by open-sourcing it! We may make faster progressions on Wi-Fi/Multiplayer support and we could implement thousands of other features, like support for the DSi models, DS firmware booting, and much more! Dang, look at that and I won't believe you if you tell me it isn't a great idea!
OBJECTION!