When DraStic will get some update ?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
crowpatch
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:13 am

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby crowpatch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:57 am

I support open-sourcing it, even though I paid for the emu :)
Ipinagmamalaki kong Pilipino ako sa bayan kong Filipinas!
User avatar
SSUPII
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 am
Location: Bari, Italy

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby SSUPII » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:03 pm

I think that making it open-source may be a nice thing, but not always. For example on the Play Store there are so many apps filled with ads that are just PPSSPP programmed to run only the ROM put in by the dev. Or look at almost all that free Nintendo DS or Nintendo 64 emulators on the Play Store, all based on the same code and all having the same features and bugs. I really don't want to see random people making bad money from someone else code.
RIP Miitomo 2016-2018

Spoiler!
Some Pokemon gifs here, nothing important to see
ImageImageImage
User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby dsattorney » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Sorry SSUPII, but popular opinion say it is a great idea to open-source the emu.
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby huckleberrypie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:16 pm

dsattorney wrote:Sorry SSUPII, but popular opinion say it is a great idea to open-source the emu.

Though, to SSUPII's credit, his concern is justified given the Sturgeon's law nature of the store. But then again those who are sensible enough will get the real deal and not those grubby rip-offs cashing in on someone else's hard work.
Last edited by huckleberrypie on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fefo
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby Fefo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:50 pm

Yeah, Google could put a non-zero effort on the store but they obviously don't give a f. Some could argue about walled gardens, but there's so much trash that you always need to check the dev to not download crap.

Anyway, the app has enough following as is to draw people, and a rekidling is necessary to not let it be forgotten (although emulators have a long tail).
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby huckleberrypie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:51 am

Fefo wrote:Yeah, Google could put a non-zero effort on the store but they obviously don't give a f. Some could argue about walled gardens, but there's so much trash that you always need to check the dev to not download crap.

Anyway, the app has enough following as is to draw people, and a rekidling is necessary to not let it be forgotten (although emulators have a long tail).

A $20 admission fee and you're good to go. Google Bouncer's doing next to nothing as it seems, though they have clamped down on apps infected with malware and unauthorised root exploits.
User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby dsattorney » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:54 am

That would defeat the purpose of it being free, don't you think?
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)
Fefo
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby Fefo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 pm

He is talking about the price for entering Google Play's club, easily recoupped with ads and crypto.

Google seems more about CYA than being proactive, so you better learn how to sift through the waste. A dev base that's hungry for some mobile money and a consumer base which doesn't know/care only make things worse.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby huckleberrypie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:46 am

Fefo wrote:Google seems more about CYA than being proactive, so you better learn how to sift through the waste. A dev base that's hungry for some mobile money and a consumer base which doesn't know/care only make things worse.

That is, oblivious or non-tech savvy parents and way too many kids making up the Android user base, who couldn't tell Flappy Bird from an ad-riddled Floppy Bird. Coupled with companies with next to no previous experience with app development and simply cashed in on the mobile application craze of the 2010s (which, by the way, is reminiscent of how a myriad of developers rushed through churning out games after Activision introduced the third-party studio model).
User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: When DraStic will get some update ?

Postby kaikun97 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:04 am

huckleberrypie wrote:
Fefo wrote:Google seems more about CYA than being proactive, so you better learn how to sift through the waste. A dev base that's hungry for some mobile money and a consumer base which doesn't know/care only make things worse.

That is, oblivious or non-tech savvy parents and way too many kids making up the Android user base, who couldn't tell Flappy Bird from an ad-riddled Floppy Bird. Coupled with companies with next to no previous experience with app development and simply cashed in on the mobile application craze of the 2010s (which, by the way, is reminiscent of how a myriad of developers rushed through churning out games after Activision introduced the third-party studio model).


More often of not they also violate the open source license for any app they inserted ads into and yet will still try to dispute a DMCA.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests