Multiplayer/Wifi

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
crowpatch
Re: Multiplayer/Wifi

Post by crowpatch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:27 am

SchrekOnTheDeck wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
crowpatch wrote:I hope devs are still responding to the request. Drastic development slows down for no reason.
I think "real life" is reason enough for that to happen.
I just appreciate the work you've done till now and I considerthat the money I paid for the app were well spent even without multiplayer support. I would like to see you spent a little fraction of your "working on DraStic" time to multiplayer. Hell, I'd wait even 8 years - and that would be me probably finish college up.
Same thing, except for 8 years of waiting :)

Gustavoalberto

Post by Gustavoalberto » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am

Hi guys, I would like to know if Drastic will one day have support for multiplayer, unfortunately, I do not know anything about programming, so I can not help, it's just curiosity, thanks. :D

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:39 am

Gustavoalberto wrote:Hi guys, I would like to know if Drastic will one day have support for multiplayer, unfortunately, I do not know anything about programming, so I can not help, it's just curiosity, thanks. :D
SSUPII wrote:There is no projects for the future to add multiplayer support on Drastic.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 pm

If it gets open-sourced, luckily we will be able to make much faster progressions on that regard.
OBJECTION!

TheAbsol

Post by TheAbsol » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm

MyBoy got online to work on GB to GBA, so I'm sure there's a way to get local DS multiplayer to work online. In theory, it should be easier to get working than online mode. Online mode requires an actual server, I think. Local doesn't.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 am

TheAbsol wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:17 pm
MyBoy got online to work on GB to GBA, so I'm sure there's a way to get local DS multiplayer to work online. In theory, it should be easier to get working than online mode. Online mode requires an actual server, I think. Local doesn't.
Gameboy and Gameboy Advance are completely different to the DS and use way simpler hardware.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

nickwatic

Post by nickwatic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:12 am

Is it even possible to just enable the drastic emulator to connect to an access point or is that difficult too?

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:45 am

Kiddo, things don't work like that. We know almost nothing about the inner workings of the DS' wireless connection, so the developers can't just "enable the emulator to connect to an access point". They ain't gonna implement something that is completely useless anyway.
OBJECTION!

Tenacious

Post by Tenacious » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 am

I think it could be possible for local to be emulated. With time, research and effort of course.