Multiplayer/Wifi

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
SchrekOnTheDeck
Multiplayer/Wifi

Post by SchrekOnTheDeck » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:33 pm

How is the work going with the multiplayer section? I'm just very curious. I haven't seen anyone pulling out a stable multiplayer connection for DS emulating. I am no expert - but would a connection between 2 players over a local Wi-fi or Bluetooth connection be possible? (Online would also be great, but I imagine it would be harder to make) Being a mobile emulator, I imagine it wouldn't be that hard getting two phones near each other, or even form local link on the same device.
The only example I can think of is Pokemon, since I still play it quite often. Could trades or battles work over the wireless section (for example the union room) and let two players interact, even if the speed would be low or if there would be a delay? I'm sorry, i didn't catch the DS and GBA era, so I have absolutelly no idea hiw this things exactly worked.
The only thing that made me write this was curiosity and the simple fact that I have seen the title in the general settings. Would be great to hear that you are working on it, even if it would be ready after 3 years.
The only book that makes me cry is "Organic Chemistry - Tests for National University Admission"

SSUPII

Re: Multiplayer/Wifi

Post by SSUPII » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:47 pm

There is no projects for the future to add multiplayer support on Drastic. (I think, has passed a lot of time since the developers talked about it)
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

SchrekOnTheDeck

Post by SchrekOnTheDeck » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Thanks very much for the information. I was just going to say that I noticed that there was a cheat in the database (Pokemon Heartgold) - Wi-fi area background modifier - that said I could change the background "as my friend connects and the battle is starting". I have no idea what that would be doing there since there are no projects for multiplayer.
The only book that makes me cry is "Organic Chemistry - Tests for National University Admission"

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 am

The cheats list is not made by the developer. If I remember correctly, this exact list is really old and can be found online.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

SchrekOnTheDeck

Post by SchrekOnTheDeck » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:13 am

SSUPII wrote:The cheats list is not made by the developer. If I remember correctly, this exact list is really old and can be found online.
Thanks again for the info, this makes it all more clear now. I'm really glad that there was someone here to help me so fast :D

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 am

SSUPII wrote:The cheats list is not made by the developer. If I remember correctly, this exact list is really old and can be found online.
There are various places and forum threads online offering different variants of usrcheat.dat, I wonder which one Drastic is using seeing as there appears to be few official sources, perhaps the DS Scene releases?

crowpatch

Post by crowpatch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm

I hope devs are still responding to the request. Drastic development slows down for no reason.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 pm

crowpatch wrote:I hope devs are still responding to the request. Drastic development slows down for no reason.
I think "real life" is reason enough for that to happen.
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:34 am

Jay Haru wrote:
crowpatch wrote:I hope devs are still responding to the request. Drastic development slows down for no reason.
Yeah, it ain't like they're doing this job full time anyway.

SchrekOnTheDeck

Post by SchrekOnTheDeck » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
I just appreciate the work you've done till now and I considerthat the money I paid for the app were well spent even without multiplayer support. I would like to see you spent a little fraction of your "working on DraStic" time to multiplayer. Hell, I'd wait even 8 years - and that would be me probably finish college up.