Emulation General Wiki linked to pirated DraStic

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
milesrotaru
Emulation General Wiki linked to pirated DraStic

Post by milesrotaru » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:56 am

The link was changed a few times whenever it died but it looks like the wiki has been promoting piracy of DraStic for over a year. Here's what the page looked like before I got rid of that shit:

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index ... #Downloads

Someone might want to monitor this page in case it's put back.

xperia64

Re: Emulation General Wiki linked to pirated DraStic

Post by xperia64 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 am

That wiki doesn't actually seem to care about linking to pirated content. They have a rather complete index of various ROM sites as well.

I appreciate the attempt.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:55 am

For what it's worth, it doesn't bother me. If people want to find cracked APKs it's a pretty easy google search away. The Emulation General wiki gives a link to the Play store and explains the benefits of buying it, so people can make an informed decision if they want to or not. That's about as much as I could ask for.

And it no longer says I'm "being a Jew" for charging money so there's that.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:33 am

Exophase wrote:For what it's worth, it doesn't bother me. If people want to find cracked APKs it's a pretty easy google search away. The Emulation General wiki gives a link to the Play store and explains the benefits of buying it, so people can make an informed decision if they want to or not. That's about as much as I could ask for.

And it no longer says I'm "being a Jew" for charging money so there's that.
I was the one who extolled the benefits of purchasing, in your defence of course. People can pirate someone's apps (and I do admit to pirating myself though I don't necessarily encourage doing so), but they're on their own, caveat emptor.

Emu-General does lean on a pro-piracy stance which does give the more law-abiding crowd a bad rap, but they seem to be the go-to place for emulation advice.