Bluetooth multiplayer

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Lukaius
Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by Lukaius » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello can anyone tell me if multiplayer is possible and will be added in the future?

SSUPII

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by SSUPII » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:49 pm

There is no projects for the future to add multiplayer support on Drastic. There are many reasons for this.

How the Nintendo DS connects to other consoles or on the internet is very poorly documented, so its really hard to program multiplayer support from scratch.

There are some open-source DS emulators that already have multiplayer support.
"So why not use their code?"
Drastic is a paid, closed-sorce emulator. This does not allow the developers to use code from other open-sorce projects.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

xudo

Post by xudo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:09 am

Then why don't they make it "Free" and ask to purchase the full version in the app itself??

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:26 pm

xudo wrote:Then why don't they make it "Free" and ask to purchase the full version in the app itself??
because that defeats the purpose of it being free. Also, that is what you call a scam which the app isn't.

It is a licensing issue not just the app being free or paid.
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

SSUPII wrote:There are some open-source DS emulators that already have multiplayer support.
Drastic is a paid, closed-sorce emulator. This does not allow the developers to use code from other open-sorce projects.
For once, I wish DraStic was open-source...

Seriously, that sucks! I'm not trying to get on Exo for making the executive decision to have DraStic be closed-source or anything, but if the emulator was open-source, then adding multiplayer support would be simple. It would at least stop the annoying influx of pointless multiplayer threads like this one...

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:40 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
SSUPII wrote:There are some open-source DS emulators that already have multiplayer support.

Seriously, that sucks! I'm not trying to get on Exo for making the executive decision to have DraStic be closed-source or anything, but if the emulator was open-source, then adding multiplayer support would be simple. It would at least stop the annoying influx of pointless multiplayer threads like this one...
but then, what would exos incentive to develop the android port then? it is free for those that own pandora and that other thing (god knows they're going extinct) but still closed source.

additionally, while I understand the need for multi, I seriously couldn't care less as it would open a crapton of worms (read: pokemon connection issues nad request) which I am never a fan of.

This is just my opinion as any game that does not require completion (unlike suikoden games that do need to if you want the true ending) to see the ending defeats the purpose to gotta catch them all.
Behold my mighty

kainnan

Post by kainnan » Sun May 06, 2018 12:22 pm

so if it is not going to have multiplayer, why is there this option in the settings? https://prntscr.com/jeg78r
???????? '-'
Attachments
drastic.png
drastic.png (55.34KiB)Viewed 86851 times
drastic.png
drastic.png (55.34KiB)Viewed 86851 times

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun May 06, 2018 11:46 pm

kainnan wrote:so if it is not going to have multiplayer, why is there this option in the settings? https://prntscr.com/jeg78r
???????? '-'
refer to the faq and one of exos older post
Behold my mighty

Wolfox455

Post by Wolfox455 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:31 am

Hey...its 2020 on April and you hear about COVID-19... im on quarantine,yeah...I'm on extreme boredom and I was wondering if there is multiplayer in drastic on future...I have a game pokemon and Rune Factory 3 that has multiplayer...my friends love this and I can trade whatever I want but sadly we can't play multiplayer...we play this for 2 years and waiting for multiplayer updates...

So hey...is there a multiplayer right now on year 2020...
I'm looking forward to it...if no well that's okay ...
Just keep on going...I have high hopes for exophase( The author of this emulator on Google play store)

Naitou

Post by Naitou » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:30 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

If I remember correctly, he said that the 64bit support would end for us, he would do it free code that was more than a year ago and a few months ago he said that he would release the code after the first quarter of 2020 that would not be by this time or he would have misunderstood what what he wanted to say