Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Josepbrown
Will the emulator be free soon?

Post by Josepbrown » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 am

I've heard rumors that it's going to be free

dsattorney

Re: Will the emulator be free soon?

Post by dsattorney » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 am

Huhahahaha! Thy emulator will never be free!
OBJECTION!

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Where the heck did you hear these rumors? DraStic is paid for a reason (although it is free on other platforms)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lunos

Post by Lunos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Josepbrown wrote:I've heard rumors that it's going to be free
It won't be. There are chances that it ends up becoming free, however, it's not planned and it could happen at any point, or not.
Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a week or maybe in 10 years unless Exophase dies. There's also the chance that Exophase decides to throw that idea outta the window.
So yeah, don't hold your breath.
dsattorney wrote:Huhahahaha! Thy emulator will never be free!
ericbazinga wrote:Where the heck did you hear these rumors? DraStic is paid for a reason (although it is free on other platforms)
Exophase wrote:Longer term outlook
There's also a very real possibility that the app will become open source in the future. For anyone interested in buying it (who hasn't yet) it may be worth waiting for this instead, since that would almost certainly mean it could be obtained for free later. But this isn't something I can really guarantee just yet. I will say that even if this happens the work done to get a complete building and stable/non-regressing source repository is an absolutely essential prerequisite."
Source.

Platybus

Post by Platybus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm

dsattorney wrote:Huhahahaha! Thy emulator will never be free!
ericbazinga wrote:Where the heck did you hear these rumors? DraStic is paid for a reason (although it is free on other platforms)
Such a charming duo.