When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
MonchodeArgemiro
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 am

When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby MonchodeArgemiro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:33 am

Well that
Jay Haru
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby Jay Haru » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:15 am

without rom hacking? never.
Behold my mighty
Image
User avatar
Lunos
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby Lunos » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 pm

MonchodeArgemiro wrote:Well that

You can uncap by yourself the framerate of Pokémon D/P/Pt/HG/SS if you want to.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378618

I suppose that the process itself would be more or less the same for a lot of other NDS Games, but I can't help with that.
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby ericbazinga » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Jay, can you do me a small favor? Edit MonchodeArgemiro's signature and remove that gargantuan Spanish flag. Even on my desktop it fills up 3/4 of the screen.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
Google+ (online often): http://tinyurl.com/jtda5pe
Exophase
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby Exophase » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Jay, can you do me a small favor? Edit MonchodeArgemiro's signature and remove that gargantuan Spanish flag. Even on my desktop it fills up 3/4 of the screen.


Done.
Jay Haru
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby Jay Haru » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Jay, can you do me a small favor? Edit MonchodeArgemiro's signature and remove that gargantuan Spanish flag. Even on my desktop it fills up 3/4 of the screen.


Done.

You know, that type of response would make it seem you and I are the same person :/

To make it clear Eric, I only wield banhammer. The power to edit user accounts is not available to us mods so Expohase is prolly the only one that can.
Behold my mighty
Image
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby ericbazinga » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Jay, can you do me a small favor? Edit MonchodeArgemiro's signature and remove that gargantuan Spanish flag. Even on my desktop it fills up 3/4 of the screen.


Done.

You know, that type of response would make it seem you and I are the same person :/

To make it clear Eric, I only wield banhammer. The power to edit user accounts is not available to us mods so Expohase is prolly the only one that can.

Well, thanks, both of you.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
Google+ (online often): http://tinyurl.com/jtda5pe
User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby dsattorney » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:43 pm

This idiot is back... AGAIN! Jay, have you read my PM?
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)
Nexus1999
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 am

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Postby Nexus1999 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Some NDS(P)(L)(i)(XL)(II/2) video games are coded to run at 30 FPS & others 60 FPS. Technically ~29.97 & ~59.94 in real time, to be more exact. This is dependant upon the code in The Rom. Not The BIOS, firmware/flash file or emulator.


Video game films done with CGI are usually recorded at 30 FPS. To give that Cinematic feel. From motion blur effects. Similar to how 24 FPS is standard for cinema film. 30 FPS also helps reduce screen tearing.


60 FPS is a High Frame Rate Recording. To give a more video game feel. With less motion blur. 60 FPS helps reduce controller to on screen input delay.


If a set of still frames are coded to playback at a set frame rate per second, increasing the playback speed will cause the video to look choppy. With image stuttering for video games. Decreasing the play back speed will cause slo-mo. With input delay for video games. This happens since the playback speed does not match up with the coded FPS.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests