When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
MonchodeArgemiro
When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Post by MonchodeArgemiro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:33 am

Well that

Jay Haru

Re: When will it run at 60 frames per second stable?

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:15 am

without rom hacking? never.
Behold my mighty

Lunos

Post by Lunos » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 pm

MonchodeArgemiro wrote:Well that
You can uncap by yourself the framerate of Pokémon D/P/Pt/HG/SS if you want to.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378618

I suppose that the process itself would be more or less the same for a lot of other NDS Games, but I can't help with that.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Jay, can you do me a small favor? Edit MonchodeArgemiro's signature and remove that gargantuan Spanish flag. Even on my desktop it fills up 3/4 of the screen.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Jay, can you do me a small favor? Edit MonchodeArgemiro's signature and remove that gargantuan Spanish flag. Even on my desktop it fills up 3/4 of the screen.
Done.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Jay, can you do me a small favor? Edit MonchodeArgemiro's signature and remove that gargantuan Spanish flag. Even on my desktop it fills up 3/4 of the screen.
Done.
You know, that type of response would make it seem you and I are the same person :/

To make it clear Eric, I only wield banhammer. The power to edit user accounts is not available to us mods so Expohase is prolly the only one that can.
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Exophase wrote:
Done.
You know, that type of response would make it seem you and I are the same person :/

To make it clear Eric, I only wield banhammer. The power to edit user accounts is not available to us mods so Expohase is prolly the only one that can.
Well, thanks, both of you.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:43 pm

This idiot is back... AGAIN! Jay, have you read my PM?
OBJECTION!

Nexus1999

Post by Nexus1999 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Some NDS(P)(L)(i)(XL)(II/2) video games are coded to run at 30 FPS & others 60 FPS. Technically ~29.97 & ~59.94 in real time, to be more exact. This is dependant upon the code in The Rom. Not The BIOS, firmware/flash file or emulator.

Video game films done with CGI are usually recorded at 30 FPS. To give that Cinematic feel. From motion blur effects. Similar to how 24 FPS is standard for cinema film. 30 FPS also helps reduce screen tearing.

60 FPS is a High Frame Rate Recording. To give a more video game feel. With less motion blur. 60 FPS helps reduce controller to on screen input delay.

If a set of still frames are coded to playback at a set frame rate per second, increasing the playback speed will cause the video to look choppy. With image stuttering for video games. Decreasing the play back speed will cause slo-mo. With input delay for video games. This happens since the playback speed does not match up with the coded FPS.