Hotel Dusk Room 215 Problem

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Exophase
Re: Hotel Dusk Room 215 Problem

Post by Exophase » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:08 am

I've heard that Last Window does have a similar puzzle. In case it still isn't clear, when I say "in between" I mean press the area that's right in the middle of the line that intersects the two points. Middle means it's equally close to both points.

Merlose

Post by Merlose » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you for the forewarning and the continued explanation.

Not to belabor the issue (as I think I know how it works now) but my trying it inbetween initially led to me swiping at the grey middle where there was no chance of contact. What I noticed for this puzzle was when you press the stylus down (or thumb) it creates a white circle and the circle lingers as well as spreads somewhat. Flicking it to the right had that circle expand off-screen to hit the left switch as well. I won't know if that's the case until a future playthrough, which I'll be glad to come back here and update to reflect if it can help anyone else as the topic at large did help me. Pay it forward and such.

If I'm still misunderstanding something, I apologize and hope no offense was taken at any point and time for this post and any preceding it. I understand that all of this must be time-consuming and I never meant to sound as if I was expecting a custom fix or testing to be done for an individual woe. The save upload request was a flare from a momentarily desperate player adrift. If that was a poor request to make, I apologize for that as well.

I appreciate everything done here and/or through this emulator. Neither Mario game (Partners in Time or Bowser's Inside Story) worked properly with NDS4Droid as well as the Kingdom Hearts games and The World Ends With You. This emulator is smooth as butter for all the games I've played, including the ones (especially) listed above. Work like that will always be more important than a tiny smudge like I had with Hotel Dusk and that was logistics, not technical. Thank you.

kurownako

Hotel Dusk Room 215 Problem

Post by kurownako » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:40 am

I'm stuck in part where Kyle must turn the puzzles in room 219
in a walkthrough , must close the DS, but what about close the emulator???
any solution possible?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 am

kurownako wrote:I'm stuck in part where Kyle must turn the puzzles in room 219
in a walkthrough , must close the DS, but what about close the emulator???
any solution possible?
there is a close lid button on top beside the fast forward button when you press menu button. use it to simulate what you need.
Behold my mighty