DraStic on the ASUS Flip Chromebook running ARM Ubuntu in a chroot?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
vodot
DraStic on the ASUS Flip Chromebook running ARM Ubuntu in a chroot?

Post by vodot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi all, a search did not turn up much on this topic. If the 'beta' version of DraStic runs so beautifully on the RPI, can anyone help me get it running on my ARM ubuntu installation? Seems like a no-brainer, but I can't find info anywhere! Seems like this should be relatively easy to do. Says something, no doubt, about my abilities :lol:

Thanks,
Nate

ericbazinga

Re: DraStic on the ASUS Flip Chromebook running ARM Ubuntu in a chroot?

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am

vodot wrote:Hi all, a search did not turn up much on this topic. If the 'beta' version of DraStic runs so beautifully on the RPI, can anyone help me get it running on my ARM ubuntu installation? Seems like a no-brainer, but I can't find info anywhere! Seems like this should be relatively easy to do. Says something, no doubt, about my abilities :lol:

Thanks,
Nate
There's no Linux version of DraStic. There's a Pandora handheld version, an Android version, and a Raspberry Pi version. The Pi version is also exclusively for the Pi.
Some Chromebooks can run Android apps, though. I'd recommend that if yours can, you should just use the Android version.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

vodot

Re: DraStic on the ASUS Flip Chromebook running ARM Ubuntu in a chroot?

Post by vodot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:45 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
vodot wrote:Hi all, a search did not turn up much on this topic. If the 'beta' version of DraStic runs so beautifully on the RPI, can anyone help me get it running on my ARM ubuntu installation? Seems like a no-brainer, but I can't find info anywhere! Seems like this should be relatively easy to do. Says something, no doubt, about my abilities :lol:

Thanks,
Nate
There's no Linux version of DraStic. There's a Pandora handheld version, an Android version, and a Raspberry Pi version. The Pi version is also exclusively for the Pi.
Some Chromebooks can run Android apps, though. I'd recommend that if yours can, you should just use the Android version.
Thanks, super helpful. That explains why I can't find much on the subject. I'll definitely give the android version a shot.