Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
PokeFreak123
Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by PokeFreak123 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:42 am

I wold like to see a slot-in feature, local connection,and wonder card use. now this would be grand.

Wis

Post by Wis » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:54 am

Hi,

I don't know if something like this is really achievable, but I'd like to have even less lag between touch and actual input recordings.
Let me explain: in some heavy timing related titles like Rhythm Paradise or Osu Takakae Ouendan! it's pretty difficult (if not impossible) to play because there a slight input delay that is constantly occurring.
This varies among devices, some having more discrepancy than others, but even on a Nexus 4, one of the lagless devices I've used, it's pretty much impossible to play strict input timing titles.
I must say this is an issue of many other emulators as well: I still can't find a GBA emulator that could make me play Rhythm Tengoku properly.
So, well, I don't know if it's possible or if it's an hardware limit, but in case you should overcome this problem, I thank you in advance. ^__^

FunFrog

Post by FunFrog » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Please, add the hq4x filter, that would be amazing! Why there is a hq2x but no hq4x? ;)
Also, is it normal that DraStic uses only 2 of 4 cores of my HTC One`s processor?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:26 am

FunFrog wrote:Please, add the hq4x filter, that would be amazing! Why there is a hq2x but no hq4x? ;)
Also, is it normal that DraStic uses only 2 of 4 cores of my HTC One`s processor?
Adding something like that wont change what the game looks like and may introduce lag. As for 2 cores you can specify it but i cant remember how. But it requires making a fike and placing it at the config folder... threads.cfg i think
Behold my mighty

FunFrog

Post by FunFrog » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 am

Jay Haru, there is a huge difference, here i made a two screenshots for you: hq2x and hq4x (sorry, i made them progressive so you must wait until they load)
I`m not asking you to force all users to use it, but i`m begging you to implement this feature so many users will be happy that they did a right decision to buy your emulator. There is a ready glsl shader for it so i don`t understand why there is a problem about it.
What about lags: i think if it`s ok with hq2x then there will not be a big difference with 4x. Let`s think not only about people with ancient devices, but about people with high-end too.

And about threads file, okay, thanks, i`ll google it. But why when i install, for example, antutu bench, it uses all cores, but when i install this emulator, which is very resource depending too - i need to do some tricks to make it works faster?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 am

FunFrog wrote:Jay Haru, there is a huge difference, here i made a two screenshots for you: hq2x and hq4x (sorry, i made them progressive so you must wait until they load)
I`m not asking you to force all users to use it, but i`m begging you to implement this feature so many users will be happy that they did a right decision to buy your emulator. There is a ready glsl shader for it so i don`t understand why there is a problem about it.
What about lags: i think if it`s ok with hq2x then there will not be a big difference with 4x. Let`s think not only about people with ancient devices, but about people with high-end too.

And about threads file, okay, thanks, i`ll google it. But why when i install, for example, antutu bench, it uses all cores, but when i install this emulator, which is very resource depending too - i need to do some tricks to make it works faster?
i am not a dev. just a tester. whether they implement it is out of my hand. i just posted my opinion on this matter.

yes it will not be shoved down to everyones throat but believe me, experience and all, people will complain that the app will lag coz they will want to run it on that setting even if their device cant handle the stress.

also, i may not be a videophile (as a gamer i am into gameplay and storyline, not eye candy tho it does help) but i can say this with confidence. I dont see anything different on both images. it didnt smooth out any polygons and personally, it still looked like crap. maybe 2d games would benefit more but you showing me 3d with hq4x didnt impress me to agree.

if it smoothed out the polygons i would have been more agreeable but what it did is more like apply some blur to the polygons to make it 'smooth'. I woud respect your post since it is a potential feature but my own opinion will stand. if the devs make it happen, then im happy for you :D

as for threads.cfg, you dont need do google it. i think you can just create it using any text tool. iirc, to adjust the core usage, type in the number of cores your device uses so if you use a quad, then type in 4 then save it as threads.cfg. lordus might help you more with that.

antutu isnt really the type of appyou want to compare drastic tho... its for benchmarking so it tests all the cores and its output isnt always relevant to an app.
Behold my mighty

Plugyy

Post by Plugyy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Wis wrote:Hi,

I don't know if something like this is really achievable, but I'd like to have even less lag between touch and actual input recordings.
Let me explain: in some heavy timing related titles like Rhythm Paradise or Osu Takakae Ouendan! it's pretty difficult (if not impossible) to play because there a slight input delay that is constantly occurring.
This varies among devices, some having more discrepancy than others, but even on a Nexus 4, one of the lagless devices I've used, it's pretty much impossible to play strict input timing titles.
I must say this is an issue of many other emulators as well: I still can't find a GBA emulator that could make me play Rhythm Tengoku properly.
So, well, I don't know if it's possible or if it's an hardware limit, but in case you should overcome this problem, I thank you in advance. ^__^
There's definitely a hardware limitation though I don't know if Drastic adds additional input lag. I don't think Exophase can do much against it.
http://appglimpse.com/blog/touchmarks-i ... latencies/

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Plugyy wrote:There's definitely a hardware limitation though I don't know if Drastic adds additional input lag. I don't think Exophase can do much against it.
http://appglimpse.com/blog/touchmarks-i ... latencies/
In this case it's the double whammy of both touchscreen latency and audio latency, which stack up together. Lordus and I are trying to investigate audio latency, since it seemed to get a lot worse with newer Android versions on some devices.. but we haven't really found any alternative methods to make it better. At least not yet.

But an input latency of 100ms is by itself almost certainly enough to throw off rhythm games and is probably far worse than what you'd see on a DS.

Chex

Post by Chex » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Okay I thought of one more (another video-related one). I like to play most games in single-screen mode, but certain games require both screens aligned vertically to be playable. This is especially problematic on Android where you have to either flip your phone/tablet to portrait mode or set them side-by-side (or tiny vertical) in landscape mode in order to see them.

DeSMuMe has this neat feature where you can set the screen mode to display "active screen", which automatically gives you the screen with the most information displayed on it. It's great for games like Sonic Rush or Yoshi's Island DS that are constantly switching between both screens, so that the app will switch screens for you and you don't have to have both displayed at once.

chocolatecake

PLEASE Make Portrait 1:1 Mode With "Stretch" Ability

Post by chocolatecake » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Hello,

Landscape 1:1 Mode allows users to stretch the screen 100% to the bottom so there is no "black gap" at the bottom.

But Portrait 1:1 Mode does NOT allow users to stretch the screen to fill the "black gap" at the bottom.

Please update this in the next version, to allow Portrait 1:1 Mode to allow to stretch to fill the "black gap" at the bottom.

Thank you.