DraStic r2.5.0.4a test alpha

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
milesrotaru
Re: DraStic r2.5.0.4a test alpha

Post by milesrotaru » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Here's something a little odd; "touch region modifier" settings for buttons and d-pad decrement a tiny bit from their default values of 1.6 each time you load up that menu screen. (you might need to close and reopen the app a few times to reproduce) But it stops at 1.5.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Had two licence errors (3244) while commuting. Reverted.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm

milesrotaru wrote:Here's something a little odd; "touch region modifier" settings for buttons and d-pad decrement a tiny bit from their default values of 1.6 each time you load up that menu screen. (you might need to close and reopen the app a few times to reproduce) But it stops at 1.5.
This may genuinely be a floating point accuracy issue. Looking into it.
Edit: Yes, this is a floating point rounding error. Will be fixed in the next version.

Eizak

Post by Eizak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:41 pm

As the user who posted about the issue with Mario Hoops 3 on 3, this update was amazing. It works perfectly, and the game looks absolutely stunning. Drastic was without a doubt the best app purchase I have ever made. Thank you so much!

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:47 am

With this update GTA Chinatown Wars now works perfectly.
Before the update crashes if High resulution was enabled forcing you to play with multithreated and 16-bit emulation (16-bit makes GTA CW graphics awful and glitchy).
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

acid

Post by acid » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 am

Whenever I pick a game from the list and select the continue last save option, Drastic crashes back to the main menu after loading the game. Using a zenfone 2 with an x86 Intel atom and 4gb ram if that helps at all. Tried with strange journey and solatorobo. Same result.

Edit:loading a game and then hitting the load savestate button makes it crash as well.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:00 pm

kaikun97 wrote:If you are playing a game in Landscape and then rotate the phone, this happens: http://imgur.com/a/1ZqZK

Deleting the config folder resolves this, perhaps this update is not able to read the config files correctly made by previous versions. Is the config format changed?
Is it possible that the config files you tested were from a different device? Or perhaps you changed your DPI scaling at some point? I couldn't find anything that could've caused that.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:15 pm

acid wrote:Whenever I pick a game from the list and select the continue last save option, Drastic crashes back to the main menu after loading the game. Using a zenfone 2 with an x86 Intel atom and 4gb ram if that helps at all. Tried with strange journey and solatorobo. Same result.

Edit:loading a game and then hitting the load savestate button makes it crash as well.
Does it happen if you create a new savestate and load it?

Can you see if a crash log was generated in /sdcard/DraStic ?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm

xperia64 wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:If you are playing a game in Landscape and then rotate the phone, this happens: http://imgur.com/a/1ZqZK

Deleting the config folder resolves this, perhaps this update is not able to read the config files correctly made by previous versions. Is the config format changed?
Is it possible that the config files you tested were from a different device? Or perhaps you changed your DPI scaling at some point? I couldn't find anything that could've caused that.
Actually you may be right, I may have never tested landscape on my new phone beforehand.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:01 am

AngryPotato wrote:Audio in MKDS is very slightly faster than audio running on a 3DS booted from a cart. Not sure of it's the 3DS or the emulator.

Additionally, sound in MarioKart DS, Pokemon Black 2, and Pokemon SoulSilver (haven't tested others) still plays when you've "closed" the DS at a slightly slower speed. When you "open" the DS in Pokemon Black 2 the onscreen stuff plays faster to try and catch up with the sound until they both reach the same spot, at which point it would play normally. In Pokemon SoulSilver, the audio and video play out of sync until it tries to play something else.

This is a bit stranger. If you boot New Super Mario Bros and close the lid while on the menu it repeats Mario's "Bye-bye" and "It'sa me, Mario" sound. In Super Mario 64 DS it repeats those lines with a ding between the lines.

This is with medium audio latency if that changes anything.
It looks like the lid sleep issue is due to a bug in DraStic's BIOS. This will be fixed next build.