Cheat Database is blank after using Randomizer

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
rayschrantz
Cheat Database is blank after using Randomizer

Post by rayschrantz » Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 pm

I used a randomizer to change trade evolutions to level up evolutions so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of figuring out how to trade in this emulator, but now the Cheat Database is blank. It works fine on a regular rom that hasn't been randomized, so I need help figuring out what I need to change to make it work again.

Exophase

Re: Cheat Database is blank after using Randomizer

Post by Exophase » Tue May 09, 2017 8:39 pm

The cheats database is tied to the ROM by its gamecode in the header. The randomizer must have changed it.

But if the ROM was modified in other ways the cheats may not work as expected to begin with.

rayschrantz

Post by rayschrantz » Wed May 10, 2017 12:30 am

Exophase wrote:The cheats database is tied to the ROM by its gamecode in the header. The randomizer must have changed it.
But if the ROM was modified in other ways the cheats may not work as expected to begin with.
How do I get it back though, all I want is to access it. If the cheats don't work, that's how it is, but how can I check and edit what was changed so that the Rom syncs up with the cheat database again? This is for pokemon heartgold, the cheats I plan on using the one that changes tm 17 to whatever move you want, the one that sets the nature of wild pokemon, and the one that allows you to choose which wild pokemon you want to encounter. The randomizer shouldn't have changed how those specific cheats work, so if I can get access agian, I should be fine.

xTenn

Post by xTenn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:06 am

Randomized roms have a different game ID than the original ROM. This means that the AR cheats will be entirely different. You will have to add the game to usrcheat.dat and find and import the AR codes.

The problem with that is it's highly unlikely you'll be able to get AR codes for Randomized roms. I'm not sure but I think every time a rom is randomized it will have a different game ID.

Although it might be possible to do something with PokeSav. I'll try that and edit this post to let you know if I find anything.