Save problems with Pokémon games

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
xdxdd
Save problems with Pokémon games

Post by xdxdd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 am

Yesterday i bought the emulator after watching some videos of people saying it was really good. So right after i bought it i downloaded some roms from my pc and transfered them to my phone with dropbox and started playing. The first problem was when i tried to save in-game, when it's done saving it brings me back to the app menu, but i thought it was just the rom and tried again but with savestates. The second problem was when i tried to load the state, when i press any of the savestate buttons it does nothing, so the "load savestate" option is always grey, and when i go to the savestate folder there is nothing, this always happens with Diamond and Heart Gold. It's probably not my phone (Galaxy J2) beacause with GB and GBA emulators saves and save states work just fine. Thanks in advance.

Fefo

Re: Save problems with Pokémon games

Post by Fefo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Wait, you're talking about game saves and emulator saves, one has nothing to do with the other. What are you using exactly?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

xdxdd

Post by xdxdd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:26 pm

I tried using both but none worked

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Now I understood it better, but I don't know. Maybe the app has no permission to write on memory?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:07 am

The difference with the most GBA/GB/SNES/GEN/ect (pre PSX) emulators is most save the the ingame save data and/or the savestate data either in a folder under /android/com.[EMULATOR APP NAME HERE] or in the same folder as your roms which might be thst folder but honestly since ppl are lazy usually ends up in the downloads folder.

Both of those options should not cause any issues when saving, except loosing all your save data you forgot to back up if you unintall or cluttering up the already cluttered downloads folder.

DraStic makes a seprate folder under root. Some versions of android/ some customized versions of android with extra pointless security (*cough knox *cough) take offense at that idea.

First thing to check is that DraStic made a folder at the same level as android or obb called DraStic. If that folder does not exist then your phone might be causing the issue, but there may be solutions.