[suggestion] combined drastic forums for android and pandora

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Jay Haru
[suggestion] combined drastic forums for android and pandora

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 pm

I do not have a pandora but I had been thinking if it is possible that we can cater to them as well. After all, pandora was the original hardware for drastic and I don't see anything limiting this forums to android users except maybe pandora users are a minority in comparisson. It would really help our community grow and we can get to know them bluefolks :lol: . We can have common and specific subforums for both and such. Would love to hear from you guys as well as the devs and folks over at the pandora boards.
Behold my mighty

Huntereb

Re: [suggestion] combined drastic forums for android and pan

Post by Huntereb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:52 pm

I'd rather keep two completely different builds, and the problems that come with them away from each other. Thanks.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:50 am

Huntereb wrote:I'd rather keep two completely different builds, and the problems that come with them away from each other. Thanks.
This. It will be too confusing.

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:27 pm

and future IOS???(-.-)

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Jay Haru wrote:I do not have a pandora but I had been thinking if it is possible that we can cater to them as well. After all, pandora was the original hardware for drastic and I don't see anything limiting this forums to android users except maybe pandora users are a minority in comparisson. It would really help our community grow and we can get to know them bluefolks :lol: . We can have common and specific subforums for both and such. Would love to hear from you guys as well as the devs and folks over at the pandora boards.
I originally thought the same, but when I was visiting the PPSSPP forums, which are a combined forum for Android and PC, even the slightest differences in the UI or performance itself between the two systems made the forum very confusing.

(I'm not sure what the differences, if any, are between the Android and Pandora emulators are, but if compatibilities are different, the forums could get messy fast)
Image Hell yeah, Dragonite XD

Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:15 pm

HugMeTender wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:I do not have a pandora but I had been thinking if it is possible that we can cater to them as well. After all, pandora was the original hardware for drastic and I don't see anything limiting this forums to android users except maybe pandora users are a minority in comparisson. It would really help our community grow and we can get to know them bluefolks :lol: . We can have common and specific subforums for both and such. Would love to hear from you guys as well as the devs and folks over at the pandora boards.
I originally thought the same, but when I was visiting the PPSSPP forums, which are a combined forum for Android and PC, even the slightest differences in the UI or performance itself between the two systems made the forum very confusing.

(I'm not sure what the differences, if any, are between the Android and Pandora emulators are, but if compatibilities are different, the forums could get messy fast)
Agreed

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Howdareme wrote:
HugMeTender wrote:

Agreed
I'm thinking of getting a pandora sometime and if I do, I'd want to know where to post bugs and stuff other than the comments at the repo.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 pm

AsHperson wrote:I'm thinking of getting a pandora sometime and if I do, I'd want to know where to post bugs and stuff other than the comments at the repo.
I don't personally mind if it's posted here, but you can post on the DraStic thread on the Pandora forums too:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php ... ntendo-ds/

It's very likely that any bugs in the games themselves will be common for the Pandora and Android versions (except for those induced by threaded 3D which isn't available on the Pandora).

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Exophase wrote:
AsHperson wrote:I'm thinking of getting a pandora sometime and if I do, I'd want to know where to post bugs and stuff other than the comments at the repo.
I don't personally mind if it's posted here, but you can post on the DraStic thread on the Pandora forums too:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php ... ntendo-ds/

It's very likely that any bugs in the games themselves will be common for the Pandora and Android versions (except for those induced by threaded 3D which isn't available on the Pandora).
Perhaps a "Pandora" forum added to the board? :)
Image Hell yeah, Dragonite XD

Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:55 pm

HugMeTender wrote:Perhaps a "Pandora" forum added to the board? :)
It already has its own forum, so how would that be worthwhile?