[Suggestion]Free version name

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Howdareme
Re: [Suggestion]Free version name

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:48 am

Yes it doesn't really matter because.. for gods sake its the demo, not the full, if they start attacking the full version for a stupid reason then we have a problem.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Exophase wrote:The description is very clear about why it's there and what it can do. Honestly I'd rather people gave the demo a bad rating if it acts as an intelligence/sensibility filter keeping them from the full version.
Yup, that's a good way to put it.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Exophase wrote:I doubt the people who rate it one star will care if it's named differently, and I think "checker" is very unusual and confusing. Personally I have never seen a demo version of software that was just a feature reduced but otherwise totally usable version of the full thing. Even on Google Play the feature reduced and ad loaded versions of emulators are called "Lite", not "Demo."

The description is very clear about why it's there and what it can do. Honestly I'd rather people gave the demo a bad rating if it acts as an intelligence/sensibility filter keeping them from the full version.
True but, the sixaxis controller demo is called "Sixaxis Compatibility Checker" and it keeps a 3.5 star rating.

philnolan3d

Post by philnolan3d » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Yes, if I saw "checker" I would assume it was a spinning 3D graphic or something with the FPS showing. Maybe some background music. Not fully playable games with limitations.