Privacy Policy

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Exophase
Privacy Policy

Post by Exophase » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:31 pm

This policy is being posted in order to fulfill requirements on Google Play.

DraStic does not collect user information or share anything with third parties.

The following explains each of the permissions that DraStic requires:

Read/Write external storage: Allows DraStic to save configurations, DS save files, and savestates to a public and easily accessible directory (<sdcard>/DraStic)
Record audio: Used for emulating the Nintendo DS microphone, which is in turn used by some games. Audio will only be recorded for this purpose if you have the "Device Microphone" option enabled in audio settings. Audio will also only be recorded if the DS game enables the microphone.
Vibrate: Used for tactile feedback for button presses.
Get Accounts/Internet/Access Network State: Used for the Google Drive save file upload/download feature.
Install Shortcut: Self explanatory.
Bluetooth: Used for external gamepad support.
Check License: Used to check if the user legitimately purchased the app (only once after purchase, or after some system clears)

huckleberrypie

Re: Privacy Policy

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:39 am

I'm glad developers are now obliged to provide a thorough explanation on how the permissions are used. Wonder if they're penalised for not taking that into account, like with spammy or rogue apps masquerading as legit?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:38 am

huckleberrypie wrote:I'm glad developers are now obliged to provide a thorough explanation on how the permissions are used. Wonder if they're penalised for not taking that into account, like with spammy or rogue apps masquerading as legit?
If you don't provide a privacy policy while having certain permissions set your app will straight up be pulled. But I doubt Google is looking at what's being written for them.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:53 am

Exophase wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:I'm glad developers are now obliged to provide a thorough explanation on how the permissions are used. Wonder if they're penalised for not taking that into account, like with spammy or rogue apps masquerading as legit?
If you don't provide a privacy policy while having certain permissions set your app will straight up be pulled. But I doubt Google is looking at what's being written for them.
so you mean you can technically lie on what your app is supposedly doing and google will accept regardless?
Behold my mighty