Online on Emulator

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Jasperlinoo12
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Online on Emulator

Postby Jasperlinoo12 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:44 pm

I want to play with friends, i heard you CAN play with friends on the emulator. (Its for Pokemon Diamond) Is this still available?
Jay Haru
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Online on Emulator

Postby Jay Haru » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Jasperlinoo12 wrote:I want to play with friends, i heard you CAN play with friends on the emulator. (Its for Pokemon Diamond) Is this still available?


Well, you heard wrong.
Behold my mighty
Image
User avatar
Wolfseverest93
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Re: Online on Emulator

Postby Wolfseverest93 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Wrong emulator. You probably heard that about DesMuMe (a computer variant of the ds emulators out there), but even that is highly unstable and was only accidentally implemented.
"I don't know everything, I just know what I know."
~ Tsubasa, Hanekawa (Bakemonogatari)

Image
Kostas Gangstar
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Online on Emulator

Postby Kostas Gangstar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

is wifi still working with desmume?
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Online on Emulator

Postby huckleberrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 am

Kostas Gangstar wrote:is wifi still working with desmume?

As far as official versions are concerned, no. They expressed no plans to add wifi support due to legal pressure from Nintendo, not to mention that most online services for the DS have been shut down anyway.
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 972
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: You will never know
Contact:

Re: Online on Emulator

Postby ericbazinga » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:They expressed no plans to add wifi support due to legal pressure from Nintendo, not to mention that most online services for the DS have been shut down anyway.

Would there be any legal pressure from Nintendo now? They haven't done anything with the DS system in years, so I'd guess not.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
Google+ (online often): http://tinyurl.com/jtda5pe
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Online on Emulator

Postby huckleberrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:They expressed no plans to add wifi support due to legal pressure from Nintendo, not to mention that most online services for the DS have been shut down anyway.

Would there be any legal pressure from Nintendo now? They haven't done anything with the DS system in years, so I'd guess not.

Maybe, though the Desmume team seems firm at not implementing wifi support, much to the dismay of many Pokemon fans.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests