Pressing 2 buttons with one finger

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
alexpogo72
Pressing 2 buttons with one finger

Post by alexpogo72 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to press 2 buttons simulteanously with one finger like per example pressing X and B with the thumb, it is very useful for a couple of games like mario. And if we just can't I think it would be a good idea to fix this because some games are almost unplayable thank you.

TkSilver

Re: Pressing 2 buttons with one finger

Post by TkSilver » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 pm

There are limitations with capacitive touch screen technology that are made to make your device more useable in more situations that cause it to not recognize a flat thumb as pressing multiple points. Different devices though are better or worse at this.... that being said here is how you can get the effect you are looking for.

Go in to Options
Go to virtual gamepad settings
You want the slider for action-button touch-region modifier

What that slider does is enlarge the area of each of the action buttons (axby/ lr / and maybe start and slelect) if you set it high enough (for your own preferences) you can make the area each button recognizes as being it's area overlap and when you tap that space both get pressed.

Or you could learn some lua and make special a+x, or a+b, ect. Buttons for special circumstances. That was one of it's main purposes for being added.

alexpogo72

Post by alexpogo72 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Thank you very much for detailed answer, I will look into it!

Tokineda

Post by Tokineda » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:47 am

Hi !

After seeing this post, i would be very interested to learn about lua to have a script that does 2 button pressing at once.

Would anyone be able to help me with that ?

Thanks !