is it true emulation on android is better than pc?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Stumpboy
is it true emulation on android is better than pc?

Post by Stumpboy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:20 am

I heard androids processor is more similar to ds than pc could it mean a 3ds emulator will be created for android in the future?

Jay Haru

Re: is it true emulation on android is better than pc?

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:06 am

Stumpboy wrote:I heard androids processor is more similar to ds than pc could it mean a 3ds emulator will be created for android in the future?
for the title of the thread, no... the only reason drastic is as good as it is is coz the way it was programmed is optimized for arm devices which coincidentally is used on most android devices. if you use drastic on intel androids there would be differences is emulation capacity.

additionally, depending if the 3ds emu, if it will come to pass, would require powerful hardware not available to phones and barely some pcs have
Behold my mighty

TkSilver

Re: is it true emulation on android is better than pc?

Post by TkSilver » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:01 am

Stumpboy wrote:I heard androids processor is more similar to ds than pc could it mean a 3ds emulator will be created for android in the future?
If you had the exact same hardware and kernal as a 3ds then it could run the code natively and it would be the fastest you could get on the least hardware.... it is called using an actual 3ds. Other then that the similarities or differences between the user's system and the target system matter vary little in emulation.

A good example is the original XBox or the 360 or even the ps4 and xbox one. All of these systems are built mostly like normal PCs. With hardware that is sometimes directly comparable to something off the shelf and most of the time something that has been modified. If having simular hardware made emulation easier or faster then we would have a full speed xbox emulator at the very least by now.