What DLDI patches does Drastic support (if any)?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
tomkatt
What DLDI patches does Drastic support (if any)?

Post by tomkatt » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:10 am

I'm playing a homebrew game called Meteora. Love the game, but can only use save states, since it's not recognized as DLDI patched.

I tried a default (no system) patch, but it doesn't do anything, and when I tried an Acekard DLDI patch, it hangs to a black screen at launch. Is there a specific DLDI patch Drastic recognizes? If not, is there any way to get Drastic to skip the check to get save functionality in the game?

Thanks! :)

===========================================================

EDIT - I figured it out. Followed the instructions in the DLDI section here: drastic_readme.txt

Just wondering, I made the image 64MB, is that large enough? It's only creating internal saves there, right?
Last edited by tomkatt on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exophase

Re: What DLDI patches does Drastic support (if any)?

Post by Exophase » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:38 am

DraStic emulates R4, so you need to DLDI patch R4. But, you also need to create a DLDI image which is unfortunately not exactly trivial unless you have a Linux machine lying around you can do it on, or a rooted Android device with the right tools. If you want to pursue the latter option there's a thread here that describes it:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2082&hilit=dldi

There's a possibility of integrating patch creation into the emulator itself, I started work on that a while ago, but it was kind of a bigger thing than I thought it'd be.

ericbazinga

Re: What DLDI patches does Drastic support (if any)?

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:42 am

Exophase wrote:But, you also need to create a DLDI image which is unfortunately not exactly trivial unless you have a Linux machine lying around you can do it on
Let me help with that-
http://www.porteus.org/
This is a portable version of Linux you can use without having to install it onto your computer.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.