Requesting direct purchase and activation alternatives

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
geister
Requesting direct purchase and activation alternatives

Post by geister » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:16 am

I am fed up of Google needing to know everything about me, i tried to buy DraStic only to crash against the wall that is Google Wallet, they want my real ID and bank billing proof before i can purchase anything on the store, even when i am using Paypal which i use precisely to avoid giving my information away to these hungry data vultures.

Is there a way i can make a Direct purchase of your app and perhaps activate it using a key or remote activation by you or something ?

I want to legally get it and to receive support for it, as well as support you guys. I don't want to just be another pirate.

Exophase

Re: Requesting direct purchase and activation alternatives

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Sorry, we don't have plans to accept money through other sources, that'd introduce a lot of new complications on our end.

What I think would be good for people in your situation is some way to get the app via promo codes in exchange for something else, like testing. I could just give away some codes occasionally but those would just end up getting taken by whoever is lucky enough to be the first to request it.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:46 pm

I also refuse to give that kind of info to Google just to buy things so I use the prepaid cards they sell. You do not need to register a valid bank account or credit card to use it.

So the Google Play prepaid cards are an option and if you country is not one that they are available in then you can even buy them from some websites that specialize in selling prepaid cards not available in other countries.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Exophase wrote:What I think would be good for people in your situation is some way to get the app via promo codes in exchange for something else, like testing. I could just give away some codes occasionally but those would just end up getting taken by whoever is lucky enough to be the first to request it.
You could just PM him the code...

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Just use a Google Play card. You can buy them at nearly any supermarket or gas station shop.