Force closed during transition screen

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Bigmontiballs
Force closed during transition screen

Post by Bigmontiballs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:54 pm

I bought this app 2 days ago and worked perfectly. Until now. While playing heartgold everytime i get to a transition screen the game is force closed. Please help me. I have Uninstaller and reinstalled and updated everything, nothing will work.[*]

TkSilver

Re: Force closed during transition screen

Post by TkSilver » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:42 pm

So if you changed nothing with the app (updating, changing settings, using a new rom) then the odds are that something changed on your device and that is causing the issue. If you updated your device 9r changed anything major or minor it might be the cause if nothing changed on the device then try these steps.

First recommendation would be to do a full power cycle on your device turn it all the way off and then back on. See if it works better.

Second backup all your important data and do a factory reset if your device is not rooted if it is rooted you can try clearing the jit cache from your recovery menu first (would save you having to reinstall apps and load all your backup data).

Bigmontiballs

Post by Bigmontiballs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:14 pm

Okay so just the save state is broken. Is there anyway to fix it? My save in the actually game works. But the load of the save state does not.

Bigmontiballs

Post by Bigmontiballs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:26 pm

What I mean by that is the save in the game doesn't force close after say walking into a building. But on the save state it does. Can I some how fix the save state. I got very far and would not like to startover.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Corrupted save states are generally a lost cause. If you have a working ingame save those are usually safer from getting corrupted.

If you have the option to store ingame saves in save states selected and you are lucky (and exo is feeling kind) he might be able to recover that from the save state.

If you use cheats or as a general practice in all emulators make peridoic backup saves in bot ingame saves and savestates.... just in case.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:05 am

TkSilver wrote:If you have the option to store ingame saves in save states selected and you are lucky (and exo is feeling kind) he might be able to recover that from the save state.
It's going to be useless if the user was never making in-game saves to begin with. The latest of which would have been saved to the .dsv anyway.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:31 am

Bigmontiballs wrote:What I mean by that is the save in the game doesn't force close after say walking into a building. But on the save state it does. Can I some how fix the save state. I got very far and would not like to startover.
If you can still make an in-game save after loading the savestate (before it crashes), then you can try the following:
- Load your savestate
- Make an in-game save
- Go to the app's menu and press 'Reset Game'
- Load the in-game save you just made

If it loads and doesn't crash after entering a building, then you can make a new savestate at this point.

Bigmontiballs

Post by Bigmontiballs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:14 pm

That worked. Thankyou very much