Mapping left stick of gamepad to touch (for Super Mario 64)

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
StupidCoder
Mapping left stick of gamepad to touch (for Super Mario 64)

Post by StupidCoder » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:38 am

First of all I want to congratulate you to this awesome piece of software! It's too rare that an emulator has a great feature set, performance, compatibility and a polished UI. Money well spent. :)

I'm a big fan of Super Mario 64 and am looking forward to replaying it on my Galaxy S7 with my MOGA Pro controller. The game runs perfectly on your emulator, but the controls are a bit awkward. Using just the touch controls makes it hard to pull of certain moves that involve well timed button presses. Using the MOGA controller only allows me to move the character via the DS' d-pad, which only allows for walking, not running.

It would be great if there were a control option for mapping the left analog stick of the MOGA controller to touch events. While in the deadzone, there's no touch. As soon as the stick leaves its deadzone, a touch down event in the center of the screen gets triggered. Moving the stick moves the touch event within a circular area around the center of the screen. Returning the stick to its deadzone triggers a touch up event. The size of the circular area is specific to Super Mario 64's implementation. Best would be to have that configurable. Not sure if there are other games with a similar control scheme.

Does that description make sense? Such feature would make Super Mario 64 even more playable than on the original DS. ;)
Thanks for considering it!

StupidCoder

Re: Mapping left stick of gamepad to touch (for Super Mario

Post by StupidCoder » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:18 am

Never mind. I just found out about the Lua support, which lets me do exactly what I'm looking for. Should have done more research before posting here, but seriously, who expects scripting support for custom input solutions in an emulator?? This is just too good. :D