Feature requests

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Rack
Feature requests

Post by Rack » Wed May 18, 2016 4:25 pm

I don't mean to make this sound unappreciative, Drastic is a fantastic emulator that has hugely improved the use of my phone in a way I hadn't really expected from a mid-range device. But there are some little things that would make it better for me so I'm going to throw them out here. It's possible some of these exist and I haven't been able to work out where they are or there are other features for the same function but here goes.

1) Make the Menu-Button function bindable to a special button.

I tend to use this a reasonable amount but I can't find a place for the button that is appropriate for all games. Sometimes the top of the screen is suitably unused, sometimes the bottom. At the moment I've got it stashed on the left of the screen which isn't quite ideal for any game but it also doesn't break anything. I'd like to have it in different places for different games and it seems the easiest solution would be to bind it to one of the special buttons. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible.

2) More special buttons. There's a ton of utility to the special buttons and I tend to want different features in different games. This would be a pain to manage, but if there were a few more of them then the current system would work well for this.

3) Granular control over buttons.

This would probably be a pain to implement, but as it stands when I disable certain buttons I can't rearrange the others into a more useful pattern. So for example if I only use A I can't put it on the far left. Similarly for Tetris it would be nice to be able to have left and right separated out from down or even have left and right at opposite ends of the screen. If we were getting REALLY fancy there would be some (but not really many) games that would benefit by being able to bind buttons to impossible key controls such as left + right. (Then there's moon on a stick stuff like gestures to replicate buttons and floating d-pads)

4) A Special button function for rotate through defined screentypes.

In some games the screens swap between both being important and one being focal while the other is less important. I've got it set up so I use a special button to swap between single and dual screen mode, but I'd really like this to swap between the two dual screen modes.

5) Pressing the non-touchscreen to swap screens.

I've got a version of this set up by setting a small mostly transparent special button on the top screen bound to switch screens. It's just a nice intuitive method to swap screens.

Kyousuke753

Re: Feature requests

Post by Kyousuke753 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:16 pm

To be honest with you sir I use an external Bluetooth controller to bind say Open Menu, Screen Swap, Quick save or Quick load to any button on any button.

As you said in another thread if you picked up an external controller it would change massively. :)

My controller is setup to be the same as normal DS controls, with L2 as Fast forward and R2 as Trigger Autofire, left analog stick to move and right analog stick for the touchscreen.

If you had a external Bluetooth controller it'll be easier for you. But if you don't want to get one that's fine. Have a Good Day :D