[Feature Request] Swap screens using on-screen button...

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
sofakng
[Feature Request] Swap screens using on-screen button...

Post by sofakng » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:59 pm

This emulator is absolutely fantastic but I have one small feature request:

I'd like to be able to swap the screens by using an on-screen button OR by touching the smaller screen.

For example, I'm using using a layout where the primary DS screen is 90% big and the secondary screen is 10% (i.e. very small). I'd love to be able to tap the smaller screen and have it replace the bigger screen.

Does that make sense?

Ryuk

Re: [Feature Request] Swap screens using on-screen button...

Post by Ryuk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

sofakng

Post by sofakng » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks for the link!!

I had no idea you can change the back button. I also tried it on my Nexus 7 (which has soft-buttons) and it also works there!

I still think it would be neat to tap the smaller screen and have it automatically switch but now it's much, much less important.

(For example, the logic would be something like this: If both screens are displayed, and one screen is 20% big [i.e. very small], then tapping it would swap the screen position)

awk

Post by awk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:12 am

I'm not sure about this: in Moon for example, or Metroid Hunters, it's actually quite useful to play with the non touchscreen as the big one and use the small one as an analog touchpad, so it could create a conflict.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:55 am

awk wrote:I'm not sure about this: in Moon for example, or Metroid Hunters, it's actually quite useful to play with the non touchscreen as the big one and use the small one as an analog touchpad, so it could create a conflict.
Erm, you mean harvest moon? Also I didn't get the small one as touchpad to create conflict bit... I mapped the screen to switch using a button when I use landscape so when I need the big screen on any of the two, its just a click away.
Behold my mighty

awk

Post by awk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 am

No no; Moon, the fps. Great athmosphere in that game!

What I meant is that swapping screens by touching the small one is assuming the small one isn't actually used as touchpad, but it can be a useful thing to do depending on the game.

On the Xperia Play I have the menu button to swap screens and it works brilliantly.