[Suggestion] Reversed landscape

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
keem85
[Suggestion] Reversed landscape

Post by keem85 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:54 am

Hi!

Love this emulator, however I would like to suggest a reversed landscape. In that way, on my S3 I will get the volume button on the upper side. Meaning I can reach them with my right index finger. This is great for mapping buttons..

Example: When playing Mario 64, I can map the volume button to crouch (Z-button on N64) making it easy to push a third button whilst having both of my thumbs on the screen.. Can also map L and R on the volume..

-Kim

the_cake_is_a_lie

Re: [Suggestion] Reversed landscape

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 am

use the app "set orientation" to get reverse landscape/portrait on any app

keem85

Post by keem85 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:25 am

Great tip! Thanks! But my suggestion still stands :)

keem85

Post by keem85 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

Ive now tried set orientation. It's too much of a hassle to set the orientation before starting a game and it affects several other things. Doesn't work good enough for me.. I hope reverse landscape can be taken to consideration

-Kim

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 am

keem85 wrote:Ive now tried set orientation. It's too much of a hassle to set the orientation before starting a game and it affects several other things. Doesn't work good enough for me.. I hope reverse landscape can be taken to consideration

-Kim
How is it 'too much of a hassle'? Its basically a few touchscreen input and as basic as can be.
Behold my mighty

awk

Post by awk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:55 am

if you have tasker, you could maybe get it to change the orientation via the set orientation app when drastic is launched? It's starting to get quite complicated... Obvioulsy that's more of a workaround in the meantime.

keem85

Post by keem85 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks! Yeah I will try that and see if I can set a setting for the app.. The problem with this, which I think is hassle, is when I am switching a game.. Zelda I like to play in portrait and Mario/Mario cart in landscape.. That's why I wanted the app to make a permanent reversed landscape every time I switched from portrait to landscape :)

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 am

It still would be easier with inc in drastic

keem85

Post by keem85 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:02 pm

I forgot that I had once bought an app named Orientation Control. This is a really good app as a workaround.. I can choose between several modes of my likings, which in my case I chose "portrait" and "reversed landscape".. This can be toggled from the notification drawer.. I just pull it down and press the toggle. Simple as that.. THIS is a good workaround rather than the first app suggested :)

beansta

Post by beansta » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:05 pm

keem85 wrote:I forgot that I had once bought an app named Orientation Control. This is a really good app as a workaround.. I can choose between several modes of my likings, which in my case I chose "portrait" and "reversed landscape".. This can be toggled from the notification drawer.. I just pull it down and press the toggle. Simple as that.. THIS is a good workaround rather than the first app suggested :)
Before i read this i was gonna suggest a very similar app called Universal Rotation Control. Its awesome and has many uses, including per app rotation settings.
In fact you can set drastic to automatically go into reverse landscape mode using the above feature without even doing anything else.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)