DraStic Store?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
kaikun97
Re: DraStic Store?

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:40 am

ericbazinga wrote:I came up with an idea for how the app would work that I think you'll like.
Whenever you download a game via the app, you could have the choice of-
1. Sending it to your Google Drive/Dropbox/inbox/etc.
2. Transferring it via WiFi (using a download client) directly to your R4 card.
3. Playing it right there on-the-spot using DraStic.
No idea how 2. will work, but do you meam downloading to SDCard? 3 is viable. Just download it to temp app data/cache. Drastic DS can open .nds files with am Android Intent (hence why tapping .nds file on ES file explorer opens it in drastic)

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:56 am

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:I came up with an idea for how the app would work that I think you'll like.
No idea how 2. will work, but do you mean downloading to SDCard?
No I don't mean downloading to the SD card (although that could be another download option), I meant sending the file via WiFi from the app to a download client running on the R4 card. Now, for the download client, we can either make our own, or I have some options-
1. http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Balik_Bayan_DevWifi
2. http://gamebrew.org/wiki/ComBox
3. http://gamebrew.org/wiki/SavReceiver

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:02 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:
No idea how 2. will work, but do you mean downloading to SDCard?
No I don't mean downloading to the SD card (although that could be another download option), I meant sending the file via WiFi from the app to a download client running on the R4 card. Now, for the download client, we can either make our own, or I have some options-
1. http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Balik_Bayan_DevWifi
2. http://gamebrew.org/wiki/ComBox
3. http://gamebrew.org/wiki/SavReceiver
No idea how to do that but ill figure it out.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am

Well, it took a whole week, but I FINALLY finished building the database for the store. The amount of homebrew in the database is astounding, to the point that we'll probably NEVER have to add to the list ever. By comparison, the lists for skins and shaders COMBINED is paltry.
for the homebrew list, I basically downloaded every game in GameBrew's database (minus those that ended in 404 pages when I tried to download them), separated by category. I'm glad I got this done, because I was not looking forward to doing it. :D

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:20 am

ericbazinga wrote:Well, it took a whole week, but I FINALLY finished building the database for the store. The amount of homebrew in the database is astounding, to the point that we'll probably NEVER have to add to the list ever. By comparison, the lists for skins and shaders COMBINED is paltry.
for the homebrew list, I basically downloaded every game in GameBrew's database (minus those that ended in 404 pages when I tried to download them), separated by category. I'm glad I got this done, because I was not looking forward to doing it. :D
I'll be hunting for and/or getting screenshots for all the homebrew too

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:38 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Well, it took a whole week, but I FINALLY finished building the database for the store. The amount of homebrew in the database is astounding, to the point that we'll probably NEVER have to add to the list ever. By comparison, the lists for skins and shaders COMBINED is paltry.
Cool. GameBrew has individual pages for all the homebrew games, and most include screenshots, a summary, and occasionally a YouTube video.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:50 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:
Cool. GameBrew has individual pages for all the homebrew games, and most include screenshots, a summary, and occasionally a YouTube video.
my web server is up and running at kai.byteturtle.eu (ignore the placeholder homepage). Over the next few days ill be making all the pages, I just need all the homebrew in a zip so i can put it all onto my server

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:28 pm

kaikun97 wrote:my web server is up and running at kai.byteturtle.eu (ignore the placeholder homepage). Over the next few days ill be making all the pages, I just need all the homebrew in a zip so i can put it all onto my server
If you download the 'DraStic Store' folder I shared with you from your Google Drive, the downloaded folder will be zipped.
The folder contains homebrew (seperated by genre), skins, and shaders.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:20 pm

kaikun97 wrote:my web server is up and running at kai.byteturtle.eu
I was looking around the webserver, and apparently the site is called "Kawaii Town" and is a section of a larger site called "Nerdistan".
Kawaii Town doesn't really sound like a storefront for DS homebrew. Could you change it? I came up with another name for it: "Brewsburg".

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:30 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:my web server is up and running at kai.byteturtle.eu
I was looking around the webserver, and apparently the site is called "Kawaii Town" and is a section of a larger site called "Nerdistan".
Kawaii Town doesn't really sound like a storefront for DS homebrew. Could you change it? I came up with another name for it: "Brewsburg".
Kawaii town is my fictional town in my friend's fictional state nerdistan. The downloads etc will be in a completely different part of the site. As I said this is my web server in general, I have all sorts on it :P. Likely I'll get my friend to do brew.byteturtle.eu for that section. it'll go to kai.byteturtle.eu/brew