Pokemon exchanges

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
IlGrinta17
Pokemon exchanges

Post by IlGrinta17 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Is there any planning about that matter? Would love to import all the little monsters from a rom to another (and that's why I play again at those), one by one if needed.

HugMeTender

Re: Pokemon exchanges

Post by HugMeTender » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:11 pm

IlGrinta17 wrote:Is there any planning about that matter? Would love to import all the little monsters from a rom to another (and that's why I play again at those), one by one if needed.
In all likelihood, developing something like that would be more trouble than it's worth. It's sad, but true. Working with wireless (transfer between two devices) and dual-emulation would be extremely difficult and would only benefit a few games (like Pokemon) really when I want to transfer, I'll use the cheat codes to delete the pokemon I want to transfer from one game and use a code to catch one in the other. You may lose levels this way, but you can always use rare candy cheats to up its level to what it was in the first game.
Image Hell yeah, Dragonite XD

Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:14 pm

HugMeTender wrote:
IlGrinta17 wrote:Is there any planning about that matter? Would love to import all the little monsters from a rom to another (and that's why I play again at those), one by one if needed.
In all likelihood, developing something like that would be more trouble than it's worth. It's sad, but true. Working with wireless (transfer between two devices) and dual-emulation would be extremely difficult and would only benefit a few games (like Pokemon) really when I want to transfer, I'll use the cheat codes took delete the pokemon I want to transfer from one game and use a code to catch one in the other. You may lose levels this way, but you can always use rare candy cheats to up its level to what it was in the first game.
I agree. Maybe when EVERYTHING on DraStic is complete, then Exophase can look at wifi .

IlGrinta17

Post by IlGrinta17 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:21 am

True, but I thought that this capability would make different this emulator from the others in a definitive manner, thus meaning sure income for the developers and thus the opportunity to make us joy with new enhances or other projects. Because I don't think there would be other emulators with wifi capability, even when the market will have more choices in future (for example, at almost the same emulation quality of DraStic but for free or at a lesser price).

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:44 am

IlGrinta17 wrote:True, but I thought that this capability would make different this emulator from the others in a definitive manner, thus meaning sure income for the developers and thus the opportunity to make us joy with new enhances or other projects. Because I don't think there would be other emulators with wifi capability, even when the market will have more choices in future (for example, at almost the same emulation quality of DraStic but for free or at a lesser price).
Well, it IS already a different emulator as it is not some x86 port. This emulator is built from the ground up with android (and initially pandora) in mind.
Tell us where can you find an nds emulator that compares to drastic?
As for wifi, exo already said that it is somewhat difficult to do so this is prolly the reason why other emus don't have that as well or still not that great.
Behold my mighty

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 am

I actually don't mind if we have wifi, what we have now is good enough

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:29 am

Howdareme wrote:I actually don't mind if we have wifi, what we have now is good enough
Well, when it comes then it comes. No need to put more pressure to the devs. They are swamped as it is :)
Behold my mighty