3DS Emulator

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ericbazinga
Re: 3DS Emulator

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:26 am

TkSilver wrote:
zelda's ocarina wrote:wow why not just go and purchase a real 3DS? you want to play right? it's so cheap.
Price is not always the reason people emulate systems. For me I prefer to use an emulate version of ps1 on my tablet then even using my psp which has the psn store version. The reason is not cost since I already paid For the pspgo and the game on psn. The reason is emulator have savestates which for mobility sake should be a requirement on any portable format. The psp has a hacked semi working version of a savestates systems thanks to cfw (custom firmware) developers but even that is no where close to an emulator's savestate ability. Other people prefer to see if they can enhance the looks of an emulated game by use of either resolution enhancement or shaders.

There are many reasons people use emulators besides just trying to run downloaded (stolen) game. Just like not everyone who mods a console or phone or device is not a pirate either. And yes sometimes money has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.
And my reason is convenience. With emulators I can play my games whenever I want and don't have to lug around my systems and cartridges/discs (I threw my arms out carrying my Nintendo 64 alone, so I know what i'm talking about).

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:36 am

not to mention there are very many old platforms out there that you cant no longer find at a 100% state like gba, gbc, nintendo 64, ps1, *insert many pre 2000 platforms here
You most likely can buy those at some places but they will be used and wont probably last long before they break
Now look at what emulators offer
A freaking platform and its games in digital format and can be played right in your pc or small phone!
stored forever in your hd drive or sd card hehe
for backup reasons i have every game from gbc to 3ds in my old 1tb hd :D

Now its also amazing how you can run games from platforms that a few years ago ran slow on a pc i really didnt expect to see a psp and ds emu on a phone and now theres work on a ps2 emu...
I find stuff like this amazing playing pokemon red up to pokemon black 2 on my low end phone makes me happy 3>
I was a emu fan since i first learned what a emu is from my schools friend and followed emus news since 2008

emus may not be a 100% copy of their platforms and have bugs and whatnot but they are still cool and offer options a real device aint got
As for the topic i think 3ds emulation will most likely be at a good state on pc near 2019 and androids running 3ds games in 2021 :D

whgang99

Post by whgang99 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:39 am

One of my reasons for using emulators is graphics. It looks so much better when early 3d consoles are emulated in hd with shader effects. I really hope the day comes to emulate most 3ds commercial games. They must look awesome in high resolutions.
Devices
- LG Q8: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- GPD XD Plus: MediaTek MT8176
- Laptop w/ Bluestack: i5-7300HQ

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:42 am

whgang99 wrote:I really hope the day comes to emulate most 3ds commercial games. They must look awesome in high resolutions.
Especially Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros :D

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:25 am

addseo1115 wrote:Hi, I like your details here.
I am a newbie. Glad to see you friends.
Well, hi!
So you gave an interest in this topic? Is there anything you'd like to add?

Lunos

Post by Lunos » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:41 pm

TkSilver wrote:There are many reasons people use emulators besides just trying to run downloaded (stolen) game. Just like not everyone who mods a console or phone or device is not a pirate either. And yes sometimes money has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.
Saying that a pirate game is 100% stolen in every single case is ridiculous and a pretty much closed way to thinking.

Pepe have the game "ABC" and Carlitos want to play it, he have the console but his running out of money because of X reasons, he could wait to buy it himself but he want to play it asap, since Pepe is his friend, he ask him to share it.
Pepe says "yes, sure" so they play 1 day Pepe and another Carlitos.
Carlitos didn't paid for the game, so following your logic he is stealing a game?
That sounds like a completely non-sense and just a bad excuse to hate over the poors, sorry ._."

masaki

Post by masaki » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:41 am

Hi guys. I create some video guide about how convert games for citra and how run it. Hope this help many people tested games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV1CP8ktqvY

masaki

Post by masaki » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:02 am

Big news. 3ds emulator citra can now run pokemon x. I make some guide how run it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5-ObfuYi2I

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:24 am

3DS emulator without the 3D defeats the purpose of the 3DS...your better off sticking to Drastic...3DS emulator will run into a lot of problems.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:45 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:3DS emulator without the 3D defeats the purpose of the 3DS...your better off sticking to Drastic...3DS emulator will run into a lot of problems.
I dont care... I play my 3DS without 3D on half the time anyway. Especially if i'm playing Pokemon.
I think a 3DS emu for Android would be really cool. I could play Pokemon X wherever I want! (X is my favorite Pokemon game BTW)