Shaders

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Dr.DraStic

Re: Shaders

Postby Dr.DraStic » Sun May 07, 2017 9:33 pm

If someone would take the time to port shaders from Retroarch, that would be awesome. Such as Super2xSai, Super2xSal, 4xScale, all the sabr ones, all the xbr ones, all the xbrz ones, & all of complete pipeline pass Hand Held shaders. With full versions of each in combination with LCD3x, CRT, & Scanlines each. I'm not sure which CRT is best. I think it might be The Royal versions. The linear version of screen overlays like LCD, CRT & Scanlines, look better & are better for anti aliasing. All three actually increase The PPI by cutting through pixels multiple times. Making more visible pixels on screen. If someone could make an LCD5x shader that works in unision with other shaders as one file & could make versions of 2D shaders designed to work for DraStic's High Resolution 3D rendering, that would be very much appreciated. Go to page four of this thread. Then scroll to the bottom for a shaders pack. That has a few more shaders than the shader pack on page two of this thread.
oioioi

Postby oioioi » Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 am

Sorry all for posting this noob question, but I would really appreciate if someone could explain (in a simple way) how I would go about activating/installing these shaders?
Cheers, Oi
kaikun97

Postby kaikun97 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:15 am

oioioi wrote:Sorry all for posting this noob question, but I would really appreciate if someone could explain (in a simple way) how I would go about activating/installing these shaders?
Cheers, Oi

Extract the .dfx and .dsd files into the Drastic/shaders/ folder. The drastic folder should be in your internal storage.

After that, you can select them in the Video settings with Filter option.
Kostas Gangstar

Postby Kostas Gangstar » Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 am

is there any download pack with all released shaders
SLIMES©

Postby SLIMES© » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am

Everytime i try to use scanline filter, this message appears...
- Scanline filter could not be loaded. Using fallback.
My phone its a: Moto Z Play
SomeRandomGuy

Postby SomeRandomGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:37 am

Does anybody know if you have to modify the dsd file if you want to combine shaders? Aleso is there any way to relatively easily increase the AA quality?
Thanks in advance!
Nexus1999

Postby Nexus1999 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:08 pm

My old account was Dr.DraStic. I deleted my gmail. So I will continue to update an attachment of every shader I've been able to find on the internet in the links down below of this post. You will need to extract the files from the shaders.zip folder. Then move it to The DraStic folder. Select Overwrite for the existing shader folder.

With High Resolution 3D turned on, I recommend for 3D heavy video games like Super Mario 64 DS or Metroid Prime Hunters, Cartoon 5x. Cartoon #x brightens the image's RGB colour range & adds comic book like edge marking for 3D & 2D, but it doesn't look so good on 2D only games such as Chrono Trigger. In my opinion, edge marking helps outline details of textures. Cartoon has the same colour effect as Cartoon 1x, but without the edge marking.

I recommend for 3D vgs such as Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 or Dragon Quest IX, aacolour. aacolour shades a slightly darker RGB colour range than NDS(L)(i)'s default faded colour range & provides better black shading in low lit parts of an image. In my opinion, better colour & black shading helps improve an image's lighting. The aa in shader names, stands for anti aliasing.

For vgs with a balance of 3D & 2D, like Brothers in Arms or Dementium 2, Cartoon 5x looks more like a video game & aacolour looks more realistic.

With Hi Res 3D turned off, I recommend for 2D heavy vgs like Pokemon or Fire Emblem 5XBR_v4.0+ LCD3x_1x(Full) or SABR_v3.0_Optimized_lq + LCD3x_3x(FULL) or hq4x. If you turn on Hi Res 3D along with any of those three set, you are likely to notice a major performance drop. XBR is more resource intensive than SABR. SABR is more so than hq#x. In my opinion each upscale 2D for a smoother, less cubic look.

LCD3x, Scanlines & CRT are a form of anti aliasing. By themselves, they provide the visual effect of more visible pixels & darken any image. By passing lines through each pixel multiple times. Making one pixel seem like more, than there really are to your eyes.

This is for those of us who prefer the 2D pixelated look over the smoother image. With Hi Res 3D on, I recommend for any 2D games aacolour, cartoon or nataa. nataa provides a more natural RGB colour range. natural has the same effect as nataa, but without the slight anti aliasing.

You're welcome to check out, Developer Options for Improved Video Gaming on Android, with mention of how to use 4x MSAA simultaneously with any video filter already in use on DraStic.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4988
Last edited by Nexus1999 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nexus1999

Postby Nexus1999 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:48 am

Custom & ported shaders are included with the default ones, in the attachment link down below. My previous post has more details.
Attachments
shaders.zip
(283.44 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

Return to “General”