Shaders

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
TkSilver
Re: Shaders

Post by TkSilver » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Son kun wrote:I tried loading a few of those "full" XBR shaders and I get a message saying it can not be loaded and that it will use the fallback shader. Maybe those are the shaders I need to use if I can just get them to work. Is there something I'm not doing right?
What device are you using? I saw you mention HDTV so possibly an android tv box. If so what model, what cpu and most importantly what gpu.

While DraStic's performance is almost entirely CPU dependent, the shaders are GPU dependent and reqiire both the power to run and chip/driver support of OpenGL ES features

Personaly I prefer to use the SABR 3.0 optimized with a LCD 3x chaser amd find that the mix of scanline like effect from the lcd3x with the general smoothing from the SABR 3.0 gives me a fairly nice image. I also have used and still on occasion use the 5xbr v3.7c when ever I do not wish to add the lcd3x effect.

Son kun

Post by Son kun » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:45 am

TkSilver wrote:
Son kun wrote:I tried loading a few of those "full" XBR shaders and I get a message saying it can not be loaded and that it will use the fallback shader. Maybe those are the shaders I need to use if I can just get them to work. Is there something I'm not doing right?
What device are you using? I saw you mention HDTV so possibly an android tv box. If so what model, what cpu and most importantly what gpu.

While DraStic's performance is almost entirely CPU dependent, the shaders are GPU dependent and reqiire both the power to run and chip/driver support of OpenGL ES features

Personaly I prefer to use the SABR 3.0 optimized with a LCD 3x chaser amd find that the mix of scanline like effect from the lcd3x with the general smoothing from the SABR 3.0 gives me a fairly nice image. I also have used and still on occasion use the 5xbr v3.7c when ever I do not wish to add the lcd3x effect.
I'm using a Nvidia Shield Tablet connected to a Sony Bravia HDTV via HDMI. cpu is Quad-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A15 and gpu is ULP GeForce Kepler (192 cores)

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 am

Nvidia's chipset is a beast so no issues there. I can't think of a reason it would not fully support opengl ES 3.1.

The only other thing I can think to check is to open up the shader's .dfx file using a text editor I juat use the one built in to total comander (a file manager program) or I use jota+ which is also free. At the bottom of the .dfx file it will say

<pass>
shader=[shadername.dsd]
sampler:u_texture=[some number]
output=[somer ratio 1:2]
</pass>

Make sure for every <pass> you have in the shader you want to use every .dsd shader file is In the shaders folder and spelled and capitalized the exact same way.

Son kun

Post by Son kun » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:39 am

TkSilver wrote:Nvidia's chipset is a beast so no issues there. I can't think of a reason it would not fully support opengl ES 3.1.

The only other thing I can think to check is to open up the shader's .dfx file using a text editor I juat use the one built in to total comander (a file manager program) or I use jota+ which is also free. At the bottom of the .dfx file it will say

<pass>
shader=[shadername.dsd]
sampler:u_texture=[some number]
output=[somer ratio 1:2]
</pass>

Make sure for every <pass> you have in the shader you want to use every .dsd shader file is In the shaders folder and spelled and capitalized the exact same way.

I'm not sure what any of this means since I'm a super noob when it comes to this stuff. Maybe I can explain what I'm looking for in a different way. Maybe some of you have used Robert Broglia's emulators before. In his video option he has two options that gives me the exact look I'm looking for, one of the options is "Image Interpolation" which lets me choose for the image to be linear and then there's another option called "Overlay Effect" which lets me choose scanlines. With those two options I get the look I want for pixelated games. I notice in the Drastic video options you only get to choose one option for changing the image which is the "Filter". When I go into that I can only choose one, either scanlines (which I've dled from a shader pack) or linear but not both at the same time. So my question is, is there a way to get the linear image and have scanlines at the same time on Drastic, or maybe there's a shader out there that has the linear and scanlines combined into one shader that I can use?

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Son kun wrote: I'm not sure what any of this means since I'm a super noob when it comes to this stuff. Maybe I can explain what I'm looking for in a different way. Maybe some of you have used Robert Broglia's emulators before. In his video option he has two options that gives me the exact look I'm looking for, one of the options is "Image Interpolation" which lets me choose for the image to be linear and then there's another option called "Overlay Effect" which lets me choose scanlines. With those two options I get the look I want for pixelated games. I notice in the Drastic video options you only get to choose one option for changing the image which is the "Filter". When I go into that I can only choose one, either scanlines (which I've dled from a shader pack) or linear but not both at the same time. So my question is, is there a way to get the linear image and have scanlines at the same time on Drastic, or maybe there's a shader out there that has the linear and scanlines combined into one shader that I can use?
Try this one. I think it might be closer to what you want. Also make sure that high resolution rendering is off.
Attachments
Scanline.zip
(958Bytes)Downloaded 1614 times

Son kun

Post by Son kun » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:05 pm

xperia64 wrote:
Son kun wrote: I'm not sure what any of this means since I'm a super noob when it comes to this stuff. Maybe I can explain what I'm looking for in a different way. Maybe some of you have used Robert Broglia's emulators before. In his video option he has two options that gives me the exact look I'm looking for, one of the options is "Image Interpolation" which lets me choose for the image to be linear and then there's another option called "Overlay Effect" which lets me choose scanlines. With those two options I get the look I want for pixelated games. I notice in the Drastic video options you only get to choose one option for changing the image which is the "Filter". When I go into that I can only choose one, either scanlines (which I've dled from a shader pack) or linear but not both at the same time. So my question is, is there a way to get the linear image and have scanlines at the same time on Drastic, or maybe there's a shader out there that has the linear and scanlines combined into one shader that I can use?
Try this one. I think it might be closer to what you want. Also make sure that high resolution rendering is off.
That's half of what I'm looking for. The scanlines yes, but I'm also looking for that warm smooth look the "linear" option gives. Basically a linear filter with scanlines at the same time. Is there a shader like that? Drastic only allows to use just one video filter from what I see.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:09 am

Thanks to Tksilver for directing me to the cartoon shader...I've tested it with these 3D games I mainly play:
I use CartoonX10 with High Resolution ON and the 3D graphics is really appealing to the eye (sorry for ranting)

Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario Bros DS
Mario Kart DS
Kingdom Hearts Recoded
Pokemon White 2

The cartoon shader gives the 3D a new look and feel and now it's on par with PPSSPP's cartoon shader for Digimon World Re-Digitize and Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core...

However using the cartoon shader without HR 3D rendering turned ON makes the font very HARD to read because it's all bubbly and black...I don't feel the need to post a screenshot as it's not necessary and I've made my point.

IRexPvpHD

Post by IRexPvpHD » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 pm

I wonder if cell shadings possible to add

Son kun

Post by Son kun » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Is there a super-xbr-pass shader for Drastic? I came across that on Retroarch and that seems to be the best shader for handling both 2D and 3D games. I dled that shader from https://github.com/libretro/common-shad ... /super-xbr and tried to copy it to the Drastic shaders folder but it it wouldn't work. I see it's a cg file extension and Drastic uses dfx so like a noob I tried to change the cg to fdx and it showed up on the shaders list but the moment I clicked it I got a blanks screen with sound. So my question is, is there a super-xbr-pass shader that's compatible with Drastic?

Dr.DraStic

Post by Dr.DraStic » Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Here's every shader I've found on the internet that are ported to work with DraStic. I take no credit for the original creation or ports. Both folders contain the same shaders. Only the file compression format is different.

I recommend SMAA, nataa, or Cartoon 5x with High Resolution 3D rendering turned on for 3D heavy video games. The Cartoon shaders other than plain Cartoon cause 2D to look terrible. For 2D heavy video games, 5XBR_v4.0+ LCD3x_1x(Full) with Hi Res 3D turned off or go with Hi Res 3D on with nataa.
Attachments
shaders.rar
(247.33KiB)Downloaded 2501 times
shaders.zip
(281.33KiB)Downloaded 4892 times