Shaders

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
xperia64
Re: Shaders

Post by xperia64 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:19 pm

SLIMES© wrote:Everytime i try to use scanline filter, this message appears...
- Scanline filter could not be loaded. Using fallback.
My phone its a: Moto Z Play
I have confirmed and fixed this issue, which should be in the next beta version. In the mean time, here is the updated scanline.dsd file: https://pastebin.com/7SEaHTp8

jdgleaver

Post by jdgleaver » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:23 am

I made a quick port of the 'zfast_lcd' shader from RetroArch, and thought I'd share...

The attached zip file contains two variants:

- zfast_lcd: This is a very simple shader (minimal performance impact) that creates an LCD effect by adding a subtle grid lattice to the screen

- zfast_lcd+nds_color: This is the same as 'zfast_lcd', but also incorporates the 'nds-color' shader from RetroArch, which applies colour correction to simulate the display characteristics of a DS Phat. It has slightly higher system requirements, but it's still quite 'light' and is the one I would recommend.

Both shaders work correctly with 'High-Resolution 3D Rendering' turned ON or OFF.

NB: These shaders are intended for use with a high resolution display (at least 1080p). If you try to run them at a lower resolution, you'll probably need to play around with integer screen scaling to avoid ugly aliasing effects.

Enjoy! :)

---

EDIT1: Oh snap - I can't seem to do anything right this week... I just realised that the zfast_lcd+nds_color shader I posted was tweaked for a particular device of mine with a non-standard gamma level. For most LCD panels, 'display_gamma' should be 2.2, not 2.4. I have updated the attached zip file with the corrected shader - please re-download if you have the old one!

EDIT2: I noticed that the default 'nds-color' shader from RetroArch has been updated with tweaked colour correction values (it's a tiny difference, but I guess it's more accurate). I've updated the 'zfast_lcd+nds_color' shader accordingly - please re-download the attached zip file!
Attachments
drastic_zfast_lcd.zip
zfast_lcd shader for DraStic (updated colour correction)
(3.66KiB)Downloaded 3887 times
Last edited by jdgleaver on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revildaron

Post by Revildaron » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 am

Please can someone modified lcd3x shader to make it working on samsung tab a6 2017
Because lcd3x not working properly on it... and other shader also if you can...tq

Revildaron

Post by Revildaron » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:53 pm

jdgleaver wrote:I made a quick port of the 'zfast_lcd' shader from RetroArch, and thought I'd share...

The attached zip file contains two variants:

- zfast_lcd: This is a very simple shader (minimal performance impact) that creates an LCD effect by adding a subtle grid lattice to the screen

- zfast_lcd+nds_color: This is the same as 'zfast_lcd', but also incorporates the 'nds-color' shader from RetroArch, which applies colour correction to simulate the display characteristics of a DS Phat. It has slightly higher system requirements, but it's still quite 'light' and is the one I would recommend.

Both shaders work correctly with 'High-Resolution 3D Rendering' turned ON or OFF.

NB: These shaders are intended for use with a high resolution display (at least 1080p). If you try to run them at a lower resolution, you'll probably need to play around with integer screen scaling to avoid ugly aliasing effects.

Enjoy! :)

---

EDIT: Oh snap - I can't seem to do anything right this week... I just realised that the zfast_lcd+nds_color shader I posted was tweaked for a particular device of mine with a non-standard gamma level. For most LCD panels, 'display_gamma' should be 2.2, not 2.4. I have updated the attached zip file with the corrected shader - please re-download if you have the old one!
I hope you can fix it on samsung tab a6 2017 because not working properly on it only for landscape and not for portait.....

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:29 am

Revildaron wrote:I hope you can fix it on samsung tab a6 2017 because not working properly on it only for landscape and not for portait.....
Try playing around with the graphics settings. Also if you are trying to use "zfast_lcd" (As you quoted who made the port of it), the person who posted it said that that shader can not work as intended on low screen resolution (You device has a display resolution of 1280 x 800 pixel, lower than 1080p)
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Revildaron

Post by Revildaron » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:42 pm

SSUPII wrote:
Revildaron wrote:I hope you can fix it on samsung tab a6 2017 because not working properly on it only for landscape and not for portait.....
Try playing around with the graphics settings. Also if you are trying to use "zfast_lcd" (As you quoted who made the port of it), the person who posted it said that that shader can not work as intended on low screen resolution (You device has a display resolution of 1280 x 800 pixel, lower than 1080p)
Thanks
I know....but can someone modiefied it to make it working on my dispLy resolution... i just want to play using this shader or lcd3x shader only but those not working i hope someone can help...

jdgleaver

Post by jdgleaver » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:02 am

Revildaron wrote: Thanks
I know....but can someone modiefied it to make it working on my dispLy resolution... i just want to play using this shader or lcd3x shader only but those not working i hope someone can help...
As SSUPII said, the zfast_lcd shader won't work properly on your device because of its resolution. In portrait mode, your screen is only 800 pixels wide - that's just not enough pixels to render the grid pattern correctly (i.e. you've only got 3.3333... screen pixels per NDS pixel, so part of the grid ends up less than a pixel thick, and everything breaks...). Sadly, this is not something that can be fixed...

The lcd3x shader, on the other hand, scales very well to low resolutions (e.g. it renders fine in portrait mode on my old 720p phone). What exactly is the problem that you are having with it on your device? (perhaps you could post a screenshot of the issue?)

I will make a variant of the lcd3x shader with NDS colour correction (for low resolution screens...), but I'm a little busy at the moment...

Revildaron

Post by Revildaron » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:31 am

jdgleaver wrote:
Revildaron wrote: Thanks
As SSUPII said, the zfast_lcd shader won't work properly on your device because of its resolution. In portrait mode, your screen is only 800 pixels wide - that's just not enough pixels to render the grid pattern correctly (i.e. you've only got 3.3333... screen pixels per NDS pixel, so part of the grid ends up less than a pixel thick, and everything breaks...). Sadly, this is not something that can be fixed...

The lcd3x shader, on the other hand, scales very well to low resolutions (e.g. it renders fine in portrait mode on my old 720p phone). What exactly is the problem that you are having with it on your device? (perhaps you could post a screenshot of the issue?)

I will make a variant of the lcd3x shader with NDS colour correction (for low resolution screens...), but I'm a little busy at the moment...
Thanks...
I appreciate it...my problem with using lcd3x shader just like in my screenshot
TMPDOODLE1522063686325.jpg
TMPDOODLE1522063686325.jpg (376.1KiB)Viewed 92273 times
there was a red blue green line half of it and gray line below screen...it working fine on my asus zenfone 5 without those line...most shader i found in shader.zip that i have download also not working on my tab6 that weird... half of it only show upper ds screen but working fine....

jdgleaver

Post by jdgleaver » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:57 am

Revildaron wrote: I appreciate it...my problem with using lcd3x shader just like in my screenshot
(snip)
Oh... I could be wrong, but that looks like a GPU floating point precision issue... (Android devices can be really bad when it comes to this - it affects many, many shaders in RetroArch, too)

Try the attached version of lcd3x - it just forces 'highp' precision (it will require more GPU power, but it may render correctly). If that doesn't work, then you might just be out of luck with that particular tablet...
Attachments
lcd3x_highp.zip
quick hack - untested...
(1.03KiB)Downloaded 1945 times

Revildaron

Post by Revildaron » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:15 pm

jdgleaver wrote:
Oh... I could be wrong, but that looks like a GPU floating point precision issue... (Android devices can be really bad when it comes to this - it affects many, many shaders in RetroArch, too)

Try the attached version of lcd3x - it just forces 'highp' precision (it will require more GPU power, but it may render correctly). If that doesn't work, then you might just be out of luck with that particular tablet...
Thanks...
But still same as before... is there still other option to make it work if not can u suggest any shader that i can use that will make drastic look like native ds res...