Shaders

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Lordus
Shaders

Post by Lordus » Wed May 20, 2015 3:27 pm

The latest beta update (build 70) has a completely new shader system, and allows custom shaders to be added in DraStic/shaders.
There's also a text file in there describing the format, so if you come up with (or port) anything nice, you can post about it here.

There's also a new filter included, which is FXAA. It might not work well or be slow on older devices, but I think it really makes more sense to use it with high-resolution 3D anyway, so devices that can handle that, should also have no problem with FXAA.

ericbazinga

Re: Shaders

Post by ericbazinga » Wed May 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Lordus wrote:The latest beta update (build 70) has a completely new shader system, and allows custom shaders to be added in DraStic/shaders.
There's also a text file in there describing the format, so if you come up with (or port) anything nice, you can post about it here.

There's also a new filter included, which is FXAA. It might not work well or be slow on older devices, but I think it really makes more sense to use it with high-resolution 3D anyway, so devices that can handle that, should also have no problem with FXAA.
I can't find the shaders in the DraStic menu!

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm

It's at the same place as before: Options > Video > Filter.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed May 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Lordus wrote:It's at the same place as before: Options > Video > Filter.
Thanks, but I tried all of them (using Mario Kart DS), and the one that suited me most was the default one.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 am

FXAA? Now that's what I'm looking for! I'll post my findings in a jiffy.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sat May 23, 2015 12:59 am

Whoa, very nice. However, please add a beta changelog somewhere; fixed topic, in-app pop-up, help > changelog... I read this by sheer luck.

FXAA works as intended: everything is blurred. Good for jaggies, terrible for fonts.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Just wanted to say that the highres 3d rendering + fxaa hq looke gorgeous, even better than on actual hardware. :D

amason

Post by amason » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:37 am

Hi all,

I've ported over a TV scanline shader from emulator-shaders.

Just unzip the two files into /Storage/DraStic/shaders/ and then access it via Options > Video > Filter

If you want to tweak the strength of the scanlines change the following code values

Code: Select all

const float base_brightness = 0.95;
const vec2 sine_comp = vec2(0.01, 0.15);
Enjoy.
Attachments
scanline.zip
(905Bytes)Downloaded 6154 times

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:59 pm

amason wrote:Hi all,

I've ported over a TV scanline shader from emulator-shaders.

Just unzip the two files into /Storage/DraStic/shaders/ and then access it via Options > Video > Filter

If you want to tweak the strength of the scanlines change the following code values

Code: Select all

const float base_brightness = 0.95;
const vec2 sine_comp = vec2(0.01, 0.15);
Enjoy.
Cool. I like this shader, the game looks less emulated when it's on. Looks great in landscape mode but not portrait.

amason

Post by amason » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:18 am

ericbazinga wrote: Cool. I like this shader, the game looks less emulated when it's on. Looks great in landscape mode but not portrait.
Interesting. I've just started learning about GLSL shaders. It is probably something to do with the texture resolution calculations. I'll take a look at it.