Shaders

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
jdgleaver
Re: Shaders

Post by jdgleaver » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:01 am

I've attached another very simple 'scanline' shader, based on lcd3x. I don't think it's quite as good as the 'zfast_lcd' one I posted earlier, but this shader has the benefit that it scales well on low resolution screens (i.e. 720p). Compared with lcd3x, it has the following differences/advantages:

- It omits the 3-band colour separation (this RGB effect is clever, but I find it very uncomfortable on the eyes - it always gives me a headache...)

- Scanlines are aligned *between* pixel rows (in lcd3x, they are offset to the bottom/right edge of each row)

- It automatically supports 'High-Resolution 3D rendering' ON or OFF

- I've included versions with and without NDS colour correction (I would recommend using the 'nds_color' version!)

Enjoy :D
Attachments
drastic_lcd1x.zip
lcd1x shader
(3.53KiB)Downloaded 3211 times

Revildaron

Post by Revildaron » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:51 pm

;)
jdgleaver wrote:I've attached another very simple 'scanline' shader, based on lcd3x. I don't think it's quite as good as the 'zfast_lcd' one I posted earlier, but this shader has the benefit that it scales well on low resolution screens (i.e. 720p).
Can you modiefied
drastic_zfast_lcd shader to low resolution screens (i.e. 720p)
Because it look great in landscape mode x3 but portait x3 nt working properly
I think by lower res can fix it...
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-04-02-01-43-06.png
Screenshot_2018-04-02-01-43-06.png (403.88KiB)Viewed 91729 times

Revildaron

Post by Revildaron » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:52 am

Revildaron wrote:
;)
jdgleaver wrote:I've attached another very simple 'scanline' shader, based on lcd3x. I don't think it's quite as good as the 'zfast_lcd' one I posted earlier, but this shader has the benefit that it scales well on low resolution screens (i.e. 720p).
Can you modiefied
Nevermind finally i have found solution while modified drastic_zfast_lcd and this look great using potrait mode x3 :P :P :P :P yay..
Screenshot_2018-04-06-17-43-16.png
Screenshot_2018-04-06-17-43-16.png (298.28KiB)Viewed 91598 times

Azeon

Post by Azeon » Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 am

Can someone help me ?
I cannot use any shaders with scanlines, it says "Failed to load XXXX, using fallback."

I tried to reinstall the app and also gave all permissions, still not working.

My device is a Mi6 and other emulators (Like the ones from Robert Broglia) works fine with scanlines.

EDIT: I downloaded the scanlines.dsd from @Xperia86 and the scanlines are working, however the other shaders from this topic are not working (such as lcd1x NDs Color).

taikixrosheart

Post by taikixrosheart » Sun May 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Revildaron wrote:
Revildaron wrote:
;)
Can you modiefied
Nevermind finally i have found solution while modified drastic_zfast_lcd and this look great using potrait mode x3 :P :P :P :P yay..

Screenshot_2018-04-06-17-43-16.png
Please share youre shaders modifiee , thank you :)

Nexus1999

Post by Nexus1999 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 pm

shaders.7z
(98.55KiB)Downloaded 5141 times
Includes corrected scanline.dsd by xperia64. aaContrast, NatAA, & Toon +Dot, +HQ4x, & +SABR v3.0 Optimized LQ.

Reverse Super FXAA +aaContrast, +NatAA, & +Toon.

Super FXAA +aaContrast, +NatAA, & +Toon.

Super SMAA +aaContrast, +NatAA, & +Toon.

Dot filter is an overlay that provides antialiasing & the optical illusion of higher resolution, from interlacing. Like other filter overlays such as CRT, Scanlines & LCD. Dot being the smoothest of these.

The HQ4x & SABR ones are meant for upscaling 2D heavy games. HQ4x won't round 2D sprites too much. While SABR is really smooth. The effect is 100% with Hi Res 3D turned off, but off will lessen 3D clarity in 2D & 3D mixed games. 50% with Hi Res 3D on.

The files in the smaa folder within DraStic by default are included. As well as directed to. As specified in the respective .dfx files of Super SMAA. To be one less storage level closer during use for a minor performance increase. Same with fxaa_luma.dsd for Reverse Super FXAA & Super FXAA.

In Super SMAA's .dfx files, diagnol detection is enabled. Along with smaa preset low & medium. Instead of only high & ultra. Does a better job at smoothing 3D diagnols & edges than other shaders currently available for DraStic.

Super FXAA smooths out 2D & 3D by blurring subpixels. Gos well with 3D side scrollers & 3D fighters.

Reverse Super FXAA sharpens up subpixels & illuminates details. Increasing visibility. Looks good on any game, if you like sharpness.

The SABR shaders included are the 3x full version. Just renamed by removing 3x(Full) for simplicity. Renamed Cartoon shaders, their dfx & dsd files, to toon for simplicity. As well as nataa to NatAA. Renamed aacolour.dsd to aacontrast.dsd. Then edited rgb color channel intensity to 1.15 & contrast to 1.3 . Those values & saturation can be changed to your likeing.
Last edited by Nexus1999 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

rokusu

Post by rokusu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 pm

I've tweaked a bit of this one with my personal taste. Let me share maybe someone will like it.

all credits to the original creator.
Attachments
zfast_lcd 720p.rar
(1.89KiB)Downloaded 2480 times

Narkobus

Post by Narkobus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Spoiler!
Nexus1999 wrote:shaders.zip
Includes corrected scanline.dsd by xperia64, aaContrast, NatAA, & Toon +Dot, & +SABR v3.0 Optimized LQ.

Reverse Super FXAA +aaContrast, +NatAA, & +Toon.

Super FXAA +aaContrast, +NatAA, & +Toon.

Super SMAA +aaContrast, +NatAA, & +Toon.

Dot filter is an overlay that provides antialiasing & the optical illusion of higher resolution, from interlacing. Like other filter overlays such as CRT, Scanlines & LCD. Dot being the smoothest of these.

The files in the smaa folder within DraStic by default are included. As well as directed to. As specified in the respective .dfx files of Super SMAA. To be one less storage level closer during use for a minor performance increase. Same with fxaa_luma.dsd for Reverse Super FXAA & Super FXAA.

In Super SMAA's .dfx files, diagnol detection is enabled. Along with smaa preset low & medium. Instead of only high & ultra. Does a better job at smoothing 3D diagnols & edges than other shaders currently available for DraStic.

Super FXAA smooths out 2D & 3D by blurring subpixels. Gos well with 3D side scrollers & 3D fighters.

Reverse Super FXAA sharpens up subpixels & illuminates details. Increasing visibility. Looks good on any game, if you like sharpness.

The SABR ones are meant for upscaling 2D heavy games. The effect is 100% with Hi Res 3D turned off, but off will lessen 3D clarity in 2D & 3D mixed games. 50% with Hi Res 3D on.

The SABR shaders included are the 3x full version. Just renamed by removing 3x(Full) for simplicity. Renamed Cartoon shaders, their dfx & dsd files, to toon for simplicity. As well as nataa to NatAA. Renamed aacolour.dsd to aacontrast.dsd. Then edited rgb color channel intensity to 1.15 & contrast to 1.3 . Those values & saturation can be changed to your likeing.
I'm so excited for this shadders but unfortunately most of the shadders doesnt work in my phone, its giving me some glitches. I use all the super-fxaa,smaa, hq4x, and some other shadders. I'm using xiaomi redmi note 5a. Can i get a help?

ProXboxCraft

Post by ProXboxCraft » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi I am looking for a shader that makes Animal Crossing more smooth. I am running a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 7.0 for reference. It is an AT&T version.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:07 am

ProXboxCraft wrote:Hi I am looking for a shader that makes Animal Crossing more smooth. I am running a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 7.0 for reference. It is an AT&T version.
The included SMAA shader along with high resolution 3D rendering enabled should make it look better.