What roms can I use?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ImAtWorkLol
What roms can I use?

Post by ImAtWorkLol » Tue May 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Before the advent of Androids emulating DS, I played emultated DS on PC waaaaaaaay back. I think I was using the 'NDS' Emulator and were downloading roms from the net for it.

My question, can I use the same ROMs I used for NDS for DraStic Nintendo DS emulator?

whiskeyboi

Re: What roms can I use?

Post by whiskeyboi » Wed May 20, 2015 1:02 am

Yes you can. drastic will handle any rom file with .nds and any in a zip or rar file

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed May 20, 2015 3:30 am

ImAtWorkLol wrote:Before the advent of Androids emulating DS, I played emultated DS on PC waaaaaaaay back. I think I was using the 'NDS' Emulator and were downloading roms from the net for it.

My question, can I use the same ROMs I used for NDS for DraStic Nintendo DS emulator?
Short answer most if not all emulators that emulate cartridges support the same format as others for the same system.

Long answer no you can not legally use a rom thst you have downloaded from anywhere since you are breaking some laws if you do that. To get a proper rom (.nds file) for drastic you should use your own Nintendo DS/light/DSi system and a flashcart or other method to make a legal backup of your "own" cartridge.

If you need any help patching a translation patch tomyour own legally obtained rom, entering in a cheat code, or any other tech support type question do not hesitate to ask.
If you want to know how to rip off game developers or why your stolen product is not performing like you expected well do not hesitate to leave and kindly ask google if you can.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed May 20, 2015 9:38 am

TkSilver wrote:
ImAtWorkLol wrote:Before the advent of Androids emulating DS, I played emultated DS on PC waaaaaaaay back. I think I was using the 'NDS' Emulator and were downloading roms from the net for it.

Short answer most if not all emulators that emulate cartridges support the same format as others for the same system.

Long answer no you can not legally use a rom thst you have downloaded from anywhere since you are breaking some laws if you do that. To get a proper rom (.nds file) for drastic you should use your own Nintendo DS/light/DSi system and a flashcart or other method to make a legal backup of your "own" cartridge.

If you need any help patching a translation patch tomyour own legally obtained rom, entering in a cheat code, or any other tech support type question do not hesitate to ask.
If you want to know how to rip off game developers or why your stolen product is not performing like you expected well do not hesitate to leave and kindly ask google if you can.
But yeah you can use those roms if you really want to.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.