User experience enhancement idea

Discuss anything about DraStic here.

would a text viewer in drastic be helpful to you?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 5

TkSilver
User experience enhancement idea

Post by TkSilver » Thu May 07, 2015 1:53 am

This is probably a Lordus idea then an exo one since it deals with the menu system.

Would it be possible to put a simple text (.txt) reader in the menu that just opens [rom name].txt. This would allow ppl to put their favorite strategy guide in easy reach and available even when the device is not connected online. This would also help lower end devices by not making them have to have a text reader or web browser multi-tasked to be able to consult a guide while playing.

There are many ways this could be implemented from [rom name].txt to a file browser interface, but I just thought [rom name].txt is in holding with how drastic has done per game items so far.

huckleberrypie

Re: User experience enhancement idea

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu May 07, 2015 2:51 am

IDK if Lordus or Exo would mind, but would a UI revamp to something along the lines of Material be alright so it would blend with the rest of the operating system? It doesn't have to be a full-on flat/plain/vanilla interface, but a reasonable mix of that and of course the Drastic UX we all know and love.

ericbazinga

Re: User experience enhancement idea

Post by ericbazinga » Thu May 07, 2015 8:39 am

TkSilver wrote:This is probably a Lordus idea then an exo one since it deals with the menu system.

Would it be possible to put a simple text (.txt) reader in the menu that just opens [rom name].txt. This would allow ppl to put their favorite strategy guide in easy reach and available even when the device is not connected online. This would also help lower end devices by not making them have to have a text reader or web browser multi-tasked to be able to consult a guide while playing.

There are many ways this could be implemented from [rom name].txt to a file browser interface, but I just thought [rom name].txt is in holding with how drastic has done per game items so far.
Actually sounds like a good idea! I voted yes

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.