Analogic Gamepad

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Exophase
Re: Analogic Gamepad

Post by Exophase » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:44 am

ericbazinga wrote:Does that include gamepad skins?
It's kind of ambiguous what you're referring to, but those are done by Lordus.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:38 am

Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Does that include gamepad skins?
It's kind of ambiguous what you're referring to, but those are done by Lordus.
Well then, do you think Lordus could make more gamepad skins?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:42 am

ericbazinga wrote:Well then, do you think Lordus could make more gamepad skins?
You can also ask me directly, you know ;)
I could make more skins of course, but so can anybody.
The skins are zipped in DraStic/virtual_controller on the internal memory. You can take one as an example, unzip it and then create your own PNG image files with the same names.
If you then zip them into bazinga.zip for example and drop that into the virtual_controller folder, 'bazinga' will show up in the skin selection.

I was hoping that users would make their own skins and post them here in a thread, so others can download them, but that never happened..

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Lordus wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Well then, do you think Lordus could make more gamepad skins?
You can also ask me directly, you know ;)
I could make more skins of course, but so can anybody.
The skins are zipped in DraStic/virtual_controller on the internal memory. You can take one as an example, unzip it and then create your own PNG image files with the same names.
If you then zip them into bazinga.zip for example and drop that into the virtual_controller folder, 'bazinga' will show up in the skin selection.

I was hoping that users would make their own skins and post them here in a thread, so others can download them, but that never happened..
Oh. I DID make a thread for custom skins by the way (just felt like doing it). You can find it here: http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2540
I think people WOULD have made skins, but they didn't know how. Thanks to your comment, now they do. :ds:

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:01 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Oh. I DID make a thread for custom skins by the way (just felt like doing it). You can find it here: http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2540
I think people WOULD have made skins, but they didn't know how. Thanks to your comment, now they do. :ds:
Like many other things it's explained in the app (Help > Instructions).

Avan

Post by Avan » Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Hello!

I made an analog pad based on the Simple skin and i have uploaded it to my Dropbox account. Posting here the link just in case anyone wants to give it a try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eye8vsshww70x ... g.zip?dl=0

Credits to Adrien from Supercolor Tuts for the Analog Stick tutorial.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri May 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Avan wrote:Hello!

I made an analog pad based on the Simple skin and i have uploaded it to my Dropbox account. Posting here the link just in case anyone wants to give it a try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eye8vsshww70x ... g.zip?dl=0

Credits to Adrien from Supercolor Tuts for the Analog Stick tutorial.
Interesting design! I like the analog gamepad. Perhaps Exophase could add this as an official theme...

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri May 01, 2015 6:02 pm

ericbazinga wrote: Interesting design! I like the analog gamepad. Perhaps Lordus could add this as an official theme...

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri May 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote: Interesting design! I like the analog gamepad. Perhaps Lordus could add this as an official theme...
Oh right. (slaps face) Well, Exophase, as you're the main creator of DraStic, you can see where i'd get confused. (It happens EVERY TIME :shock: )

Avan

Post by Avan » Fri May 01, 2015 7:41 pm

That would be awesome! I have uploaded a new skin, it's also based on the Simple skin and just added new ABXY buttons (that resemble the DSi buttons) and changed the menu button for the home button found in the DSi, 3DS, etc.

And it's available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/oia0ne5a5i57731/DSi.zip?dl=0

Blessings.