Loading the save file on a pc emulator

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Y2thez
Loading the save file on a pc emulator

Post by Y2thez » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:00 am

Greetings,
This is by far my favorite app on the store. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

So i am playing pokemon, and i have a question. My friend is also playing pokemon on an emulator on his laptop (yes we both have nds and yes we both own the game, at home, but we have to stay 5 days a week in college, and we can't take it with us so we resort to emulators).

My question is, is this emulator save files compatible with any pc emulator? I mean can i load my game on a pc emulator (no$gba, desmune...) ? Since some pc emulators support links, my goal is to load my save to a pc emulator, that way i can battle him or trade with him. The stretch goal would be to load it back again on my phone and continue playing.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i don't know how the save work and if it's different between emulators.

Either way, Thank you very much for this awesome app.

Hawntah

Re: Loading the save file on a pc emulator

Post by Hawntah » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:40 am

To transfer from DraStic to DeSmuME, move the .dsv file from your /DraStic/backup/ folder to your computer, change its extension to .sav, and import it in DeSmuME via File -> Import Backup Memory. Or if you're using an earlier version of DeSmuME (<0.9.10), just put it wherever your save files are stored.

DeSmuME to DraStic, put the .dsv file in /DraStic/backup/, make sure the filename is exactly the same as your ROM's filename, and DraStic should recognise it.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 am

If you're using the latest beta saves should also work directly in DeSmuME 0.9.10.

Y2thez

Post by Y2thez » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 am

Thank you for the info, I will try it tonight

Regards