New version, maybe?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Lordus
Re: New version, maybe?

Post by Lordus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:19 pm

I can make them editable, but thought that typically a user would just copy/paste a cheat from a website and not edit it.
I am not sure about supporting folders, though. With so many users I became very careful about making things any more complex than they need to be..

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 pm

hi!
Just saw the updates today! Glad to see it's still in active development. :D I am liking the edge marking features in the new betas.
Can I make a feature request? Is it possible to implement an option inside the customize screen layout menu to let players manually rotate either of the screens?
I know there is the lock/disable auto-rotate feature, but when playing on a external monitor via chromecast or hdmi, the output display doesn't always reflect the desired orientation. It's only problematic when playing games that require you to hold the console sideways like a book, but I thought it could be a feasible workaround if I could rotate the screens myself?
Also, the experimental "use right stick as touch-screen control" still crashes DraStic in the latest 2 builds updated today. The last build that I have locally backed-up that had this feature working is build 46, if that helps in any way.
Either way thanks for your time and continued support!

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:35 am

Just tried the new beta recently, and dude you have done a very, very awesome job; I know I normally go for free or open-source as much as possible, but I can safely say that it was money well spent. Practically all of the bugs I reported are fixed (Tangled now boots, and the house colouring issue with Build-a-Bear is gone, etc.), save for the missing player character bug in Kit Mystery Challenge when you go to the wardrobe selection screen, and a minor leftover flicker in Hollie Hobbie (the latter rarely appears though).

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Exophase wrote:New beta is out. It has edge marking (can be disabled with an option), custom cheat support, and a few fixes and things like that. We'll let people use it for a few days before releasing the proper next version.
And what build number is it i guess 57?

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Yes, it's 57.

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:06 am

Exophase wrote:New beta is out. It has edge marking (can be disabled with an option), custom cheat support, and a few fixes and things like that. We'll let people use it for a few days before releasing the proper next version.
Confirmed, the addition of edge marking has fixed the ship highlights in Infinite Space; the game is now playable. Thanks for the update, I've been looking forward to this feature.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:34 am

One thing to note though, for some reason the house colouring part in Build-A-Bear seems to work intermittently, but other than that, the game no longer ends up in a deadlock anymore. :D

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:53 am

Hi, Just wanted to report that in build 59, the simulate touchscreen with right analogue doesn't crash DraStic anymore, but it still doesn't seem to work like it used to, i.e., games don't respond to right stick input much at all. :/
Also, in Golden Sun battle sequences, there are some minor graphical glitches which weren't there a few versions back. This is all while having frameskip set to none and multithread 3d rendering turned off.

Thannks. :)

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 am

I tried to add a code to Etrian Odyssey III but it didn't work; neither the cheat saved nor it had any effect. Anyway, how does the feature work, or should? Does it create a custom .dat file? Can I edit it with R4CCE? If I swap it with my list does will this stop happening: http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2312 ?

Editable cheats and folders are very useful features to have, and I believe, or hope, that an emulator user is tech-savvy enough to use them. No surprises if I'm wrong on this.

There's also a minor graphic bug on EO3: healed HP numbers are show on white, like damage, instead of green.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:02 am

zeroobligation wrote:Hi, Just wanted to report that in build 59, the simulate touchscreen with right analogue doesn't crash DraStic anymore, but it still doesn't seem to work like it used to, i.e., games don't respond to right stick input much at all. :/
I am not sure what's happening there. The code for this feature hasn't changed at all since it was first added, and it works fine here with any device and controller i am testing on.
Fefo wrote:I tried to add a code to Etrian Odyssey III but it didn't work; neither the cheat saved nor it had any effect. Anyway, how does the feature work, or should? Does it create a custom .dat file? Can I edit it with R4CCE?
They're saved in human readable form in /sdcard/DraStic/cheats. Did it go back to the custom cheat menu after you pressed 'Save'? If not, then it doesn't accept the code. Can you pm me the exact code that you tried?
Does it save if you try a simple fake code like '11111111 22222222'?