Request:drastic makes folder in sdcard(risk of losing saves)

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
leon22heart
Request:drastic makes folder in sdcard(risk of losing saves)

Post by leon22heart » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 am

I noticed that drastic stores savestates + saves + backups to sdcard/android/data/com.drastic.emu .For me that is highly risky because when creating backups with titanium if you have a size limit (32mb for external data) it is possible if the data size is bigger to skip them from backup which results in data not to be backed up.Also when someone wipes data from app the data in sdcard also get erased and you risk losing it all or if you have an older backup regress to a much older save(depends on date of backup).So it is imperative that drastic has its own folder in /sdcard/drastic so that the data stay unnafected from any change in app.Like the emu fpse,epsxe,nds4droid.I consider it massively stupid to risk lose all data for a change in app (lost twice because external data exceeded the limit size of my backup)(i mean who in our days store the savestates in the "internal memory" of phone ).I believe that this problem will affect many unaware users after they install a new rom in their phones.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Re: Request:drastic makes folder in sdcard(risk of losing sa

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:39 am

Just use save to Gdrive

leon22heart

Re: Request:drastic makes folder in sdcard(risk of losing sa

Post by leon22heart » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:02 am

I do not want to be online to play the emu.Also the modem is quite far and the connection a bit unstable.So i want the files to be stored locally im my sdcard in amanner that prevents deletion .The current settings are far to far dangerous in case of app update or rom upgrade (already some users are reporting that they lost saves).So the only way is a drastic folder in sdcard independent from the internal data of emulator